What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 NSW SCC - Sydney Combined Competition

***MH***

Bench
What's he feeling. Will it grow in terms of numbers of teams involved in the short term?

I think the clubs who are competing in the lower divisions are getting the chance to compete with other clubs that are at their skill level. When I'm watching a lot of these games, you can tell the difference between a Division One team and a Division Three team when competing in their own division. It's keeping kids in Rugby League which is great, because if they were up against Div 1 sides all the time and getting thrashed 90-nil each week, i'd quit too.

NSWRL need to take more control of standardizing the SCC comp rules. I'm finding that there is too much friction with the way some districts are interpreting the rules. Over zealous and egotistical district officials seem to find a way to make things uncomfortable for visiting teams. Even with something as simple as visiting managers sitting at the timekeepers table to teams not bringing their registration cards to matches.

***MH***

Bench
I am involved and from my perspective its a success.
The biggest problem (and remember I am only the messenger here) is the violence and intimidation primarily in the Canterbury component.

- ALL games in the Canterbury district are videoed because of crowd and player violence.
- Canterbury officials at a recent judiciary hearing relating to the incident at Coogee oval remarked, that sort of stuff happens every week in our area.

As mentioned my club has had no problems, but plenty of others have.

How other districts perceive League in Canterbury.

>> Fast forward to 2:30

[youtube]Sm2hgqa-2ws[/youtube]

Rubber Toes

Juniors
Grand Final day for some. Chrissys V ESA @ Belmore @ 7.00pm.
I would like to see ESA get up, but I think Chrissys will be a little to good.

***MH***

Bench
All the Canterbury teams won at belmore today. There was a nude streaker in the 19s game, everyone including the police just laughed.

***MH***

Bench
Penshurst have shown through the season that they're capable of putting away sides. Their last regular season match resulted in 14-all. All Saints were able to outscore them in their Major Semi Final but Penshurst might take out this return clash.

Penshurst runout winners 40-4

Rubber Toes

Juniors
Good read MH. Surprised the hell out of me. All Saints deserved it. Best team all season, but funny things can happen in big games.

Latest posts