What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014/15 Football Transfers

Bulldog Force

Referee
No doubt he's a world class player, maybe even top 3 players in the world right now alongside Messi and Fake Ronaldo but he's a scumbag of the highest order and I just find it very hard to get excited over this signing. I've got friends who are Liverpool fans and they keep telling me you'll forget what a merkin he is when he's banging in goals left right and centre but my fear is this will be just another Ibrahimovic type signing. I've always found the Barca brand to be about respect and dignity in comparison to Real but to me we're no longer 'mes que en club'
I know I completely agree. We've lost a whole heap of players this season, and Suarez is perhaps the one individual player who I didn't want. Hell I'll take Tim Cahill over him anyday. FFS everyone they make a shit decision like this I always say WWGD? (What would Guardiola do?)

saint.nick

Coach
No doubt he's a world class player, maybe even top 3 players in the world right now alongside Messi and Fake Ronaldo but he's a scumbag of the highest order and I just find it very hard to get excited over this signing. I've got friends who are Liverpool fans and they keep telling me you'll forget what a merkin he is when he's banging in goals left right and centre but my fear is this will be just another Ibrahimovic type signing. I've always found the Barca brand to be about respect and dignity in comparison to Real but to me we're no longer 'mes que en club'

Well not recently. Being banned from transfers next year doesn't shout 'respect and dignity'.

Jimbo

Immortal
You underpaid.

I disagree

Barcelona are taking a big risk on a player who is likely to spend a quarter of each season in the sidelines, if not more

His current suspension is only part of the story. What they should be worried about is how long his next suspension is going to be...

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I disagree

Barcelona are taking a big risk on a player who is likely to spend a quarter of each season in the sidelines, if not more

His current suspension is only part of the story. What they should be worried about is how long his next suspension is going to be...

Bang on! Not just the 2 years for another biting incident, but he's one more racial vilification incident away from a life ban. We tripled our money on the original investment so I'm happy.

Big Sam

First Grade
Markovic confirmed

BsmBst7CQAIqCI2.png

Haffa

Stop gap. But a quality one.

No idea on length yet, he still has to agree terms.

Jimbo

Immortal
Replaced Drogba replacement with Drogba. Forward thinking.

Lukaku is a talent, but he's still no Drogba

Incidentally, £28 million is the second highest amount a Merseyside club has ever paid for a player

#1? Andy Carroll...