What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You'd think a $billion game could afford to kit out the first team when sponsors changed with new jerseys? Ffs how much does 25 jerseys cost to redesign a produce?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
The Tigers 2014 sleep sponsor (can't remember who it is) pulled out or their was some sort of complication, so now the sleeves of the 2014 jersey contain a pasted on black piece of plastic with all the tigers players ever listed on it. Talk about tacky.

i was wondeirng why the tigers did that. I thought it must have been a jersey for heritage round or something..

Looks like a pale imitation of the Tigers jersey.

actually the pirates had that jersey design last year or the year before. so if anything tis the tigpies copying the pirates

roofromoz

First Grade
This has happened to every club in some way or another. Off the top of my head, several clubs were screwed over by QLD Group mid 2000's as a sleeve sponsor. QALA for the Northern Eagles was dodgy from memory... even in the A-League I recall I think Adelaide United had a front of shirt sponsor pull out very early in the season due to unpaid $$$$.

In 2009, something happened Nepean Motor Group (sleeve) early on, I think in the pre-season, and there were black stick ons:

622492-penrith-panthers.jpg

ABCOE came on board not too long afterwards for the remainder of the season.

beagle

Juniors
The Bulldogs had a white sticker covering the back sponsor last year, seemingly only to have the logo higher.

picture.php

cooko

Juniors
The Bulldogs had a white sticker covering the back sponsor last year, seemingly only to have the logo higher.

picture.php

The Roosters had a new lower back sponsor for the finals last year.

Car Buyers Guide was a transfer that went over the top of Opel. Interestingly Opel stayed on the top chest.

It looked a bit dodgy as there were little bits sticking out the side on the back.

They sublimated it for the retail premiership jerseys.

In saying above, roosters changed top back to Peugeot this year without any stickers although they still sold the old sponsor jerseys for a few months afterwards... At the same price.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Why the f**k do NRL teams cover sponsors with stickers? They're 20 million dollar a year organizations and they can't afford a new set of jerseys?

Craegus

Juniors
The Tigers 2014 sleep sponsor (can't remember who it is) pulled out or their was some sort of complication, so now the sleeves of the 2014 jersey contain a pasted on black piece of plastic with all the tigers players ever listed on it. Talk about tacky.

i was wondeirng why the tigers did that. I thought it must have been a jersey for heritage round or something..

The jersey was the 15 year anniversary jersey (home jersey with the names of all players that have played for the club printed on both sleeves). Blades however stuffed up with at least 5 names and instead of making new jerseys which would never have been ready for sale in time they placed the stickers over the mistakes.

This is one of the major reasons that the club will have a new jersey manufacturer next year.

Frailty

First Grade
Why the f**k do NRL teams cover sponsors with stickers? They're 20 million dollar a year organizations and they can't afford a new set of jerseys?

They can afford to.

I don't think you understand the entire process of getting jersey design prepared, confirmed at numerous levels, before going to print and manufacturing.

That being said, I'm not sure what was going on with Melbourne. It seemed some Crown sponsorships (which they've had all year) were transfers whilst others were printed.

My guess would be that since they re-signed late, Melbourne had a number of blank jerseys printed in various sizes as spares.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looks like a pale imitation of the Tigers jersey.

Looks like you need to do your research before looking like a dick. We had the same design last year, So apart from different colours,different designs and the fact we had the design first your right!

ek999

First Grade

Because those jerseys aren't cheap to make and when you take into account you would need to reorder multiple jerseys in a number of sizes for 25 or so different numbers it wouldn't be cost effective in getting the new jerseys compared to the extra revenue (if any)

Edit: There is also the need to have those jerseys with new sponsors in at most a week sometimes a day or two so stickers have that advantage too

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
Because those jerseys aren't cheap to make and when you take into account you would need to reorder multiple jerseys in a number of sizes for 25 or so different numbers it wouldn't be cost effective in getting the new jerseys compared to the extra revenue (if any)

Edit: Therd is also the need to have those jerseys with new sponsors in at most a week sometimes a day or two so stickers have that advantage to

It's a problem where every jersey is fitted for each player

Big Sam

First Grade
May have missed the reason, but can anyone tell me who the peoples' names were around the VB logos of each NSW player and why they were there?

Zigwaa

Bench
May have missed the reason, but can anyone tell me who the peoples' names were around the VB logos of each NSW player and why they were there?

VB promotion where fans could get their names on the players' jersey and get one sent to them.

Gallen's was the exception though, he had Clive Churchill last night and Reg Gasnier in game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.