What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I was having a look through this wiki page, which has a history of Parra's home jerseys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Parramatta_Eels

Personally, I would love them to try the 1947-48 kit (not just the jersey) as a heritage design in coming years. I also think it would be nice to one day do a throwback to the old Cumberland jerseys, which were still blue and gold as far as I am aware so could go alright.

Any thoughts? Any other oldies from other teams which could make good heritage / alternate jerseys?

I also think experimental jerseys, like Parra's white one this year are perfect for events like the Auckland 9s or U20s. I still have fond memories of the old sevens jerseys.

Von

Juniors
very impressed with the Wests Tigers jerseys.

and agree it is good to have a Wests Tigers heritage jersey, not Wests & Balmain jumpers....esp if they want to put their differences aside

innsaneink

Referee
Yeh its about time we looked at and celebrated our own history rather than our 'parents'.

Just looking at the six of them, there really is something there for everyone I guess.

You have the two quite traditional style jumpers in the women in league and the heritage strip

Theres two somewhat traditional but partly modern, mainly black and orange main and alternate

The theres the very newish modern style Alternate A and the Nines/training jumpers

KiamaSaint

Coach
Re Broncos jerseys, when will people realise less is more, oh And I think the Tigers have finally got it right as well.

Saint Doc

Coach
I was having a look through this wiki page, which has a history of Parra's home jerseys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Parramatta_Eels

Personally, I would love them to try the 1947-48 kit (not just the jersey) as a heritage design in coming years. I also think it would be nice to one day do a throwback to the old Cumberland jerseys, which were still blue and gold as far as I am aware so could go alright.

Any thoughts? Any other oldies from other teams which could make good heritage / alternate jerseys?

I also think experimental jerseys, like Parra's white one this year are perfect for events like the Auckland 9s or U20s. I still have fond memories of the old sevens jerseys.

Home-shirt-330-2.jpg

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Oops I actually meant the 1949-56 jersey which is more like blue and gold hoops. A bit like Sydney Uni.

That Leeds jersey is ruined by all the poorly placed sponsorship logos (mostly the green and white ones). Other than that it wouldn't be too bad as a Parra jersey.

Von

Juniors
i also like the "XV" type on the WT 2014 logo.

looks great....very "Superbowl-ish"

Dragon Dave

Bench
Really looking forward to see what ISC are going to do with the Dragons gear. Fingers crossed for a white collar, red trim on the sleeves, an unbroken V and some more red on the socks.

LJC

Juniors
I hope that teams use their main playing strip when their is no clash in jumper colors.

Their is nothing more visually deflating for a fan than seeing some away version being worn by a team on TV or at the game when the more recognizable and popular main strip is not being used!

Fair enough if the opposing teams colors are close or clash but otherwise it's no good!

axl rose

Bench
The NRL need to come up with more theme jerseys and socks for next year. They only covered diabetes, tree week, indigenous, women, anzacs, cancer, depression. Why are they neglecting AIDS. Get on it David Smith, I don't want to see my team wearing their main jersey more than a few times, its just a wasted marketing opportunity.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
i say forget team history, colours, designs, logos, ALL OF IT!!!!

every week teams get new jersey designs in wacky new colours to promote a new movie/political group/condom brand.

Forget the south sydeny RABBITOHS. here comes the south sydney Vagisil Feminine Wipes.

And forget those silly numbers. Players should be identified by Public Announcement Messages. "And here comes Inglis, sporting the "look up Blue Waffle and think about that every time you consider not wearing a condom" jersey. Thats a great messages for the kids isnt it, Rabs? Rabs?? RABBBZZZZ?!!!!!"
"Gus.... oh screw it. lets f**k"

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
And what about collar sponsors oh and why not put sponsor logos in the numbers on the back

Maybe the soles of shoes too

Status
Not open for further replies.