What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NBA offseason.

shiznit

Coach
Wolves can forget about the play-off's if they trade love.

Oh that's right they never made it with him. Cavs and Warriors would be good with love, wolves would be a better team with just about any package they trade for.
That's because they play in the stacked west....

Love could carry a team to the playoffs in the weak ass east.

andrew057

First Grade
Yeah he West is stronger, but Love has been in the league for 6 seasons now and the Wolves havent had a single winning season in that time.

Saying Love is by far the best PF in the league is just ridiculous.

Noa

First Grade
Regardless the Wolves will be better with either of the Cavs and Bulls offers then they will be with love

shiznit

Coach
Yeah he West is stronger, but Love has been in the league for 6 seasons now and the Wolves havent had a single winning season in that time.

Saying Love is by far the best PF in the league is just ridiculous.
Your kidding if you don't think he's the best PF in the NBA...

I rate Davis highly... But you just can't ignore the all-round offensive numbers that Love puts up.

Sure, he has defensive liabilities... But the guy was averaging a tick over 26pts, 18 rebounds and 15 assists last season.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Regardless the Wolves will be better with either of the Cavs and Bulls offers then they will be with love
If that was the case... Why have the Wolves made it perfectly clear that there preference is for them to keep Love??

They are only considering trading him because he will walk for free next year... Not because they can get better pieces from the Cavs or Bulls.

If he were to sign a long term deal... They wouldn't even remotely consider trading him.

Aragorn

First Grade
If that was the case... Why have the Wolves made it perfectly clear that there preference is for them to keep Love??

They are only considering trading him because he will walk for free next year... Not because they can get better pieces from the Cavs or Bulls.

If he were to sign a long term deal... They wouldn't even remotely consider trading him.

I think that's what Noa is also saying.

I'd be happy if he goes to Cleveland, but even with the Bulls, a Rose, Noah, Gasol and Love combination would be awesome to watch (even if its just for 1 season).

Apparently the Knicks offered Stoudemire, Tim Hardaway, Jr. and Iman Shumpert, which is pretty weak in my opinion.

Anyone watch Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless on FirstTake? interesting thoughts on the Love trade.

Its true, god loves Cleveland - gets 3 of 4 last #1 draft picks, best player in the world goes home and now they're more than likely going to get the services of Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5pGJJlIco&list=UUIIKPy27YWW5yhc0qvr4KnA

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
I think that's what Noa is also saying.

I'd be happy if he goes to Cleveland, but even with the Bulls, a Rose, Noah, Gasol and Love combination would be awesome to watch (even if its just for 1 season).

Apparently the Knicks offered Stoudemire, Tim Hardaway, Jr. and Iman Shumpert, which is pretty weak in my opinion.

Anyone watch Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless on FirstTake? interesting thoughts on the Love trade.

Its true, god loves Cleveland - gets 3 of 4 last #1 draft picks, best player in the world goes home and now they're more than likely going to get the services of Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5pGJJlIco&list=UUIIKPy27YWW5yhc0qvr4KnA
Thanks for that clip man... They see it exactly how I do...

If your Cleveland... You just do the deal... Wiggins, Bennett and a #1 next season.

Thats an absolute steal for the Cavs...

andrew057

First Grade
Your kidding if you don't think he's the best PF in the NBA...

I rate Davis highly... But you just can't ignore the all-round offensive numbers that Love puts up.

Sure, he has defensive liabilities... But the guy was averaging a tick over 26pts, 18 rebounds and 15 assists last season.

Impressive numbers, he'd be the best in the league if he did indeed put those up.

Give me Griffin over Love, the only one kidding is yourself.

Aragorn

First Grade
Here's an even more emphatic clip from them on it...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zDrl_lMoCKU

Hah! don't know how I missed the clip!

Skip suggesting Kyrie for Love is just so far left field. Give up a max contract player like Kyrie when you can wait one year to have the best of both worlds AND Wiggins, & Bennett? - that's the JACKPOT right there.

If I was the GM - ie Lebron, I'd wait out the year for Love and see what I could do with the young rookies in getting them up to shape for a title push in 2016.

shiznit

Coach
Hah! don't know how I missed the clip!

Skip suggesting Kyrie for Love is just so far left field. Give up a max contract player like Kyrie when you can wait one year to have the best of both worlds AND Wiggins, & Bennett? - that's the JACKPOT right there.

If I was the GM - ie Lebron, I'd wait out the year for Love and see what I could do with the young rookies in getting them up to shape for a title push in 2016.
EXACTLY!!

Get a commitment from love that he will come next season... If I was to look at any trades.. I'd look at what's out there as far as young centres on a rookie deal... Trade Varejao and whatever else for a Norlens Noel.

It clears the cap space for Loves 15M+ salary and gives them a long term guy at centre.

The Cavs have assets to trade...

Noa

First Grade

Yeah I mean they have a better future with what the Cavs or bulls could offer then what Love theoretically would give them.

I'd also have Davis, Griffin and even Bosh over Love. Bosh has sacriced alot the past few years, expect him to put up 25/11 this season with decent defence.

Millsy1

Juniors
Its been reported today Kevin Love to the Cavs will likely happen once Wiggins can be traded on Aug 23, Anthony Bennett and future first rd pick could be part of the deal.

Aragorn

First Grade
Its been reported today Kevin Love to the Cavs will likely happen once Wiggins can be traded on Aug 23, Anthony Bennett and future first rd pick could be part of the deal.

I hope it doesn't happen, but it more than likely will.

LaVine, Bennett, and Wiggins... that's a pretty good future threesome if they can stay healthy, if the Wolves have a good development system in place,if they have chemistry and if they West tanks in the next 5-10 years!.... too many if's but anything can happen in BB.

Last edited:

Aragorn

First Grade
anyone following team USA ? blue vs white game is on and D Rose looks very good. He's still got that bounce.

ByRd

First Grade
Ah ****. Paul George just got hurt bad in the friendly game, his leg bent how it's not meant to, very gruesome, sh!t man

Millsy1

Juniors
@SportsCenter
THIS JUST IN: Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor tells @PioneerPress that Kevin Love trade is "likely" by August 23 or 24.

shiznit

Coach
@SportsCenter
THIS JUST IN: Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor tells @PioneerPress that Kevin Love trade is "likely" by August 23 or 24.
Great deal for both teams... Win-Win for everyone...

Well everyone except Wiggins...

Latest posts