What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Origin U20's

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Jakiel Mariner a big surprise. First full year back in Rugby League after 3 years of pursuing a singing career. Well done to him. Was the best player in this age group back in 2010.

isaiah

Bench
Qld are a real chance of winning this. Very good side and nsw do not seem to have picked their best

Tucantango

Juniors
Qld are a real chance of winning this. Very good side and nsw do not seem to have picked their best

I wholeheartedly agree with you here!

I am still perplexed at the omissions of Milne, Meehan, and Cartwright (to name an obvious few)!

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I wholeheartedly agree with you here!

I am still perplexed at the omissions of Milne, Meehan, and Cartwright (to name an obvious few)!

As a proud NSWwelshman it kills me to say this but QLD will win this game. Tony Milford, Brenko Lee, Francis Molo in the team will be very hard to stop points and go-forward.

Isn't Milne injured? NSW are definitely lucky to have so much depth in the second-row with Meehan, Cartwright, Tanginoa, Moeroa all not being picked. I haven't seen much of Elliot but surely at least one of these guys, if only the NYC player of the year, is better?

Tucantango

Juniors
As a proud NSWwelshman it kills me to say this but QLD will win this game. Tony Milford, Brenko Lee, Francis Molo in the team will be very hard to stop points and go-forward.

Isn't Milne injured? NSW are definitely lucky to have so much depth in the second-row with Meehan, Cartwright, Tanginoa, Moeroa all not being picked. I haven't seen much of Elliot but surely at least one of these guys, if only the NYC player of the year, is better?

It pains me to say it but i also share this belief!

As with Milne, he was injured however he returned two weeks ago and had an absolute blinder! Picked up where he left off!

With Elliot he is probably one of a few standouts in a very poor Bulldogs team for 2014. A real workhorse. Some do question his one on one defence however at this level aren't they all a little suspect!

Last edited:

half_back

Juniors
It pains me to say it but i also share this belief!

As with Milne, he was injured however he returned two weeks ago and had an absolute blinder! Picked up where he left off!

With Elliot he is probably one of a few standouts in a very poor Bulldogs team for 2014. A real workhorse. Some do question his one on one defence however at this level aren't they all a little suspect!

Milne is definitely hard done by although it is a classy backline, it's always a tough comparison with players like Gutherson playing playing Cup and not NYC. All others picked have also been outstanding. McInness probably also unlucky again though Pritchard is as tough as nails and won't lose anything with him. Elliot surprises me he is a worker although isn't what I'd consider an "origin" player. Think Cartwright would have offered definitely more in attack and Moeroa definitely more in defence. Tuc, have to say Moeroa isn't one who I'd say his defence is suspect. Meehan I think missed due to playing limited games. Between injury and boxing don't think he played more than 2/3 games this year. In saying that he is destined for the middle IMO laterally gets found out at times although such a big strong and imposing player. Aitken surprises me also. Definitely not the biggest of players and while he is performing well in a strong team, a smallish outside back on the bench rather than a true utility player cover halves and hooker is interesting to say the least.

Overall a good side without the imposing nature of past teams. QLD definitely a good chance in this one. Good luck to all the boys and congrats on their selection.

Forty20

First Grade
NSWRLVerified account
‏@NSWRL
NSW #U20Origin team update: Brooks, Johnston and Yeo have been withdrawn. They have been replaced by [Tyrone] Phillips, [Drew] Hutchison and [Ryan] Matterson.

Clicky

Tucantango

Juniors

I am being told that the first 'published' NSW team was not the NSWRL's team of choice (i.e. there were players who were unavailable). Such players were from the 2013 'been there done that' category who were still eligible for 2014. And now we have further withdrawals/omissions which begs the question, "how serious are the NRL actually taking its supposed 'showcase' event?"

IMHO clubs should not be permitted to coerce and/or influence the decisions of young players to withdraw from such teams. Invest the repository of such power in the NSWRL/QRL. If a player is chosen and he is fit to play then he must play! This way all undue influence is negated and the young lad gets another prestigious jersey for his wall (and another story for his kids and grand kids).

Last edited:

MacDougall

First Grade
Nah Canberra suck so if Milford gets hurt they'll just suck harder. If Brooks gets injured the Tigers will be running out Blake Austin and Liam Fulton in the halves against the Roosters.