What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Team

mxlegend99

Referee
Kev and Wes look pretty much inseperable. RCG was a beast and should get a run this year. Mansour and Jennings both so powerful. Sowie a mixed bag, but looks like he should offer a lot more in an 80 minute game then Walsh. The team that Cleary is likely to pick will be our best at the moment IMO. Simmo and Mansour deserve to start as wingers, with Nabouli not far behind. Ken Naiqama... Well and truly played himself out of a jersey for mine.

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Idris
4. Whare
5. Simmons
6. Soward
7. Wallace
8. Kite
9. Segs
10. Grant
11. Brown (never allowed to even think of passing though)
12. Docker
13. Taylor

14. McKendry
15. Plum
16. Peachey
17. RCG

17. Will be Kingston. Or Kingston starting and Segs on the bench. I think Robinson should and will be in the team, but seems like injuries have set him back for a round 1 spot.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
No
Brown/Docker/Taylor is one of the best Back rows in the comp.

Man, you are overrating both Brown and Taylor. Brown shouldn't be in the starting side at full strength.

Manu
Robinson
Docker

is much better. But I accept Taylor is pretty much going to play every game, so be it. But Brown has too many braindead moments and dropped balls to be trusted, IMO.

mxlegend99

Referee
At full strength and fitness you have Matt Robinson and Sika Manu competing for a starting spot. Taylor a certainty at lock, meaning Robinson, Manu, Brown, Docker, Peachey and probably some more reserve grade/u20s form a great backrow with quality and depth. Guys like Cartright and Cherrington would be awesome to see in the NRL. Then we have the likes of Idris and Mansour if we need to strengthen the pack. With the likes of Nabouli and Jennings offering great cover for them. Roberts when fit.

Our forward pack is very strong for 2014.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
At full strength and fitness you have Matt Robinson and Sika Manu competing for a starting spot. Taylor a certainty at lock, meaning Robinson, Manu, Brown, Docker, Peachey and probably some more reserve grade/u20s form a great backrow with quality and depth. Guys like Cartright and Cherrington would be awesome to see in the NRL. Then we have the likes of Idris and Mansour if we need to strengthen the pack. With the likes of Nabouli and Jennings offering great cover for them. Roberts when fit.

Our forward pack is very strong for 2014.

Definitely. My point is that Brown/Taylor/Docker is far from the optimal configuration :)

As long as we keep Taylor out of dummy half and Kingston out of the second row, we will do okay.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not ideal for round 26, but based on injuries/form so far, its arguably the strongest line-up for round 1. Should be great defensively too.

mxlegend99

Referee
I like the looks of Moylan. Must be our number 1.

The back row is going to be Cleary's big headache.
Really? He outplayed Kev for sure, but looked very average for mine. Not too confident of either fullback options for Round 1. Would prefer Moss to be honest.

maple_69

Bench
VTK should be in the mix as well. With Cartwright, Manu and Robinson out already he could grab a bench spot. Perforned well in thr trial.

kiwipete

Juniors
Yeah Moylan looked bigger & was good in defence. Looked dangerous everytime he had the ball.

Nabuli full game on the left wing mistake free got a decent working over. Kev had a shocker no other way to put it but it was only 1 game.

Mansour & Simmons would of scored the try he bombed. Also would of caught the grubber that was dropped for their 2nd try.

I thought Anderson was our best forward followed by VTK. Peachey did nothing to suggest he wouldn't be our bench backrower. Robinson getting injured didn't help his cause.

Agree with everything you've said, especially about Anderson being the best forward on the field. He doesn't get the same wraps as the Peacheys, Taylors etc.. but then you don't hear anything about him throwing poor passes, missing tackles etc.. either. Best player for NSW Cup last year and made a solid debut until injured vs warriors. Also don't think Peachey is great in defence, terrific going forwards with the ball but can miss a few. Can't wait till the start of the season, reckon we are a real chance of top 8 and further. Bring on the Knights!!

Blackkat

Juniors
Really? He outplayed Kev for sure, but looked very average for mine. Not too confident of either fullback options for Round 1. Would prefer Moss to be honest.

I'll admit I haven't seen his play today. I have recorded it, but I thought his involvement yesterday was very good. Was it different today or opinion over the whole weekend?

He looked bigger also which was definitely a draw back for him last season.

Randy81

Juniors
Kqama continues to not impress.

Been hanging around his bro too much I think. Kevin is a recruit I am very excited about and have been underwhelmed from the tigers trial and nines. Obviously has plenty of time but imo should be nowhere near starting round 1. Simmons with either nabuli or mansour.

I have always liked moylan and think he looks bigger this year. Looking forward to a competitive tussle betweenmoss and moylan.

Imo it is hard to judge moylan on nines. We had no structure, too much start/stop and no backline movements. Can't wait to see the link up with whare one side and Idris the other........

franklin2323

Immortal

I see Moss as our number 1 before the end of the year.

Atm it will be Moylan he is just too important in attack. Last week all our attack was from him. He had a few good touches over the weekend.

Like Roberts & Jennings as Moss really starts to find form he gets injured. Needs a good 6 weeks minimum staying on the field before I would pick him.

I wouldn't rule VTK out of a backrow spot 2 trials in a row he has been good.

Docker, Brown & Taylor would have it you think.

maple_69

Bench
We'd have a fairly light backrow if we went with Docker, Taylor, Brown, Peachey and VTK. Wouldn't be terrible given we'll have a very strong prop rotation as well as Mansour and Idris.

The positive out of this weekend is all our halfback options have been good.

Latest posts