What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015/16 NBA season

shiznit

Coach
I thought KD had a great game. Westbrook let them down, especially in the 4th..went missing
:lol:

Are you serious?? He was awful... Took terrible shots... Turned the ball over at key moments...

Russ wasn't all that bad... A very costly late turnover but on the whole he scored when he needed to and dished off in the right situations.

shiznit

Coach
Also don't count the Thunder out just yet...

I'm critical of KD but that's because you expect a player of his ilk to do better.

He's going to cop a heap of criticism over the next couple of days and I would expect him to come out and play the game of his life in game 7.

They are certainly capable of winning on the road... They showed so against the Spurs and against GSW in game 1.

It's going to be tough though...

Rod

Bench
The last 4 minutes or so OKC stopped running what was been successful for them this whole series and just went Durant and Westbrook iso which predictably went terribly. Sometimes I feel like in the NBA it's just a cliche for the number 1 guy in the team to have the ball every play for the last couple of minutes, even when it's not in the best interests of the team. GSW knew it was coming and just pressured them into crappy shots.

As an aside I also think it's another reason why LeBron is so great, but that's a different discussion.

Suddenly mentally it's very tough for OKC, but they've shown their resiliency so far. If I'm Donovan I just keep telling them that they played the better ball today and if they do it again they should win. Gonna be tough though, credit to GSW they've shown their mettle also by hanging around in the first half when the game threatened to blow out a couple of times.

Aragorn

First Grade
OKC are goneski.

They can blame their two top 5 players in the world and maybe their rookie coach for playing them max mins. Mental fatigue is a major contributor to choking.

Rod

Bench
I think you answered that in your own post. If you have 2 of the top 5 or 6 players in the world in the one team, you play them close to max minutes. It's game 6 against the friggin Warriors with a chance to close out. I can't totally speak for Durant's durability but surely Westbrook of anyone can handle 46 minutes.

They also don't have the same bench quality to call on that GSW do. All the good they've done in this series they've done with basically 7.5 guys. Plus Roberson got himself in foul trouble and was basically a non-factor in the 4th. I think that was lost on a lot of people actually because he had been a big part of what OKC had been doing to GSW defensively.

shiznit

Coach
Just on a side note... Steven Adams is seriously good...

A couple of his touches.. A nice pass to Durant which wasn't finished off and that monster jam on Green were indicative of how much he's improved.

I wonder how much he will command once his rookie deal is up...

Rod

Bench
Adams' rebounding in the first 3 quarters was insane, and has been all series. He's also added some nice offensive moves, one in particular where he roasted Ezeli with some nice footwork he never had in his game before.

He also got a nice steal early on on Curry but then tried to repeat the dose and got a silly reach-in foul which put him to the bench, so there's certainly some inexperience there still.

I particularly enjoyed his dunk on Green, and then Green has the audacity to call him a bitch :lol:. That guy's a clown.

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade
OKC leading throughout taking a 48-42 lead, lead was as high as 13 but OKC and in particular Westbrook went back to stupid ball the last couple of mins, their ball movement for most of the half was excellent and that is how they need to play to close out this game.

KD with only 5 shot attempts in first half and he has hit 4 of them, needs more shots.

ByRd

First Grade
3 point shooting is just ridiculous right now, wow!!!

The body language of the Thunder right now is really poor, dumb iso plays, not getting back in transition and just sulking between each other. They look like a team down 20 not still in the game, KD needs to step it up here big time.

Last edited: