What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015/16 Premier League

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Arsenal fans will be having a field day with that finish to the season. Spurs just quit in that Newcastle match. Some of the defending from Alderweireld was Martin Skrtel-esque.

Last 5 mins was basically, Spurs Get a corner corner then Newcastle jog up the other end on the counter and score or go really close to scoring.

In other news, a suspicious looking package at Old Trafford means we still have one more game left to go. Turns out the package was left behind in a training drill :lol:

andrew057

First Grade
As a Spurs fan if somebody had told me before this season that we would (hopefully) finish 2nd and ahead of the scum, I would have gladly taken it.

But Leicester (or Lie-Chester as some dickhead on the news called them this morning) winning it all? Hollywood stuff.

Unlucky mate. Disappointing season.

ggmu

Juniors
BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM! 4-0. We're top 2 for the first time since 2005.

Also, lol@spurs. Losing 2-1 to a relegated Newcastle was bad enough, then it got worse. Newcastle went down to 10 men...and then scored another 3 goals. 5-1!

So does this mean the fans want Wenger to stay now? The board may give him a 3 year extension for a 2nd place finish.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Unlucky mate. Disappointing season.

disappointing last month,

last night was just plain embarrassing, no interest at all from our lot, once we achieved UCL qualification we really have switched off

Poch was livid, if anything good comes from it our midfield will now be boosted where as we were supposedly not going to move anyone on and we were only looking to bring in a couple of players, that game will cost a few players their spot in our squad

t-ba

Post Whore
Jesus that was dire. That was worse than that second half capitulation against Arsenal in 2012 that cost them Champions League football.

At least with UCL qualification they can build their squad up I guess.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So does this mean the fans want Wenger to stay now? The board may give him a 3 year extension for a 2nd place finish.

It's funny. I get frustrated as much as anyone by him and yet 2014-2016 has been better than 2006-2013.

We have improved, we won the FA cup twice and now we're up to second. In a time where 5th-20th have huge incomes and can bring in champions league caliber players. The budget of bottom half premier league teams rivals teams like Atletico, Dortmund and top Italian teams.

We'll see what happens this summer. Surely he can't do what he did last time. If we reinforce properly IMO we are a better chance of winning the league with Wenger than whoever would replace him. But that's a big if.

ggmu

Juniors
It's funny. I get frustrated as much as anyone by him and yet 2014-2016 has been better than 2006-2013.

We have improved, we won the FA cup twice and now we're up to second. In a time where 5th-20th have huge incomes and can bring in champions league caliber players. The budget of bottom half premier league teams rivals teams like Atletico, Dortmund and top Italian teams.

We'll see what happens this summer. Surely he can't do what he did last time. If we reinforce properly IMO we are a better chance of winning the league with Wenger than whoever would replace him. But that's a big if.
Surely he has to buy players. He can't possibly be that stupid to go the same direction as last summer.

t-ba

Post Whore
Playoff finals. Pumped as shit. Organised a bender in China ages ago for that night that I'm not sure I can get out of. Have to find a bar to watch it in. Still don't think Wednesday are going up, still can't believe they've gotten this far.

Mong

Post Whore
Will be a good achievement from 6th

Play off finals are fun if your team wins, merkins of things if you lose.

West Ham scored in the 88th minute to go up just a few seasons ago, their opponents Blackpool were just relegated to the 4th division.

The difference a few minutes can make.

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
United fans will be cheering big time. I'm not too worried as an opposition fan as Mourinho has a shit load of work to do to improve things. He'll have the backing and financial power to make the changes but he had that at Chelsea and look how it ended last time.

Pep and MoU in the same league again will be great to watch in the Manc Derby tho.

Frankus

Juniors
The budget of bottom half premier league teams rivals teams like Atletico, Dortmund and top Italian teams.

You are not being serious? Maybe the revenue rivals that of some teams. But the budget? That's an entirely different story. There are chairmen tighter than a duck's butt who refuse to spend. The economics of a football club are not rocket science but are a little more complicated than you make out - you make it sound like Bournemouth can waltz into the prem and compete on a level playing field with Arsenal. What happened this season with the Foxes is a once in a generation anomaly.

There is no way a club like Norwich or Bournemouth are competing with player wages and transfer fees with the likes of Swansea, Everton or West Brom, let alone London or Manchester based clubs. Gate taking, merchandise, all not comparable. Player wages not comparable. And if a small club does decide to spend big, they would want to be f**king damn sure they do so within their means as to avoid FFP penalty. It is also one of the reasons why relegated teams are paid balloon payments for 3 years once in the championship.

And FYI - Juventus and Dortmund sit 10th (EU 324mil) and 11th (EU 281mil) respectively on the Deloitte money list. The nearest bottom half prem teams are Newcastle and Everton with roughly 170mil each. Hardly comparable.