What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Asian Cup

abpanther

Staff member
I don't see where else I'm supposed to be posting so here it is

I watched Australia v Kuwait, can't say the standard was very high but the Aussies turned up the intensity and Kuwait couldn't follow. It definitely felt that we were a little rushed and clumsy on the edge of the box.

Anyone catch any other games? Apparantly Iran were pretty impressive

Mong

Post Whore
South Korea were pretty poor in their game, expecting the Socceroos to get past them Saturday without too much trouble.

Which now means they will probably get smashed.

Also watched the North korea game and one other which I cant recall right now.

None stood out as being great.

Haffa

Off to see Jordan vs Iraq tonight. Hopefully Butch's boys can cause an upset.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Watching the half time between JPN and PLE.

Who is the Pim guy? He is cracking me up.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've watched every game so far.

China and the UAE look better than I'd have expected. I wouldn't be surprised to see China make a deeper run. Bahrain to a lesser extent.

Uzbekistan and Qatar look shaky.

Iran and Japan look most likely to threaten, while I'll assess South Korea after I see how they go against Kuwait.

Big Sam

First Grade
Can't believe after all their investment and importation of Africans that Qatar are as shit as ever. No wonder they had to buy the WC - they weren't gonna qualify any other way.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do not get the numbers.

Eg Cahill wears 4, but is playing what I consider 11.

Japan is the closest I have seen to matching numbers with position.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
PLE goalkeeper MoM for mine.

Yeah 4 went in........but the dude made some damn good saves too. Japan hammered the guy, certainly PLEs best.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Can't see Iraq or Jordan shaking things up much based on that performance. Japan, despite putting four past Palestine, didn't look particularly motivated. We'll have to see how they fire against sterner oppisition. Palestine really shouldn't have been there, but they didn't disgrace themselves.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Agreed.

Have to say the Japanese do look quick to me.

The reserves not so good.

They clocked off. PLE tired but, no doubt on effort.

JOD v IRQ was pretty even, but yeah cannot see them going deep in this.

I like Aloisi, smart guy.

Pim is the best but.....

Eelementary

Post Whore
IMO Japan were just going through the motions, and they still dominated the match.

They're a slick unit, with heaps of technical skill. Brilliant team to watch.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Arguably my second favourite team in Asia to watch. Just worry that if they can't well and truly crush a team as out of their depth as Palestine, they might find the going hard when they get to Jordan and Iraq - who won't make the same defensive errors.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Arguably my second favourite team in Asia to watch. Just worry that if they can't well and truly crush a team as out of their depth as Palestine, they might find the going hard when they get to Jordan and Iraq - who won't make the same defensive errors.

True - but it's always difficult to mentally get psyched to face a minnow.

Last edited:

Latest posts