What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Community Shield

Jimbo

Immortal
Should be a pretty good game tonight. West London v North London

I'm not expecting any goals from set pieces. Other than Courtois, nobody knows Chelsea's defensive structure like Big Pete

No doubt we'll aim to hit on the conter-attack, but if that doesn't work it could well go to penalties

The bookies have Chelsea at $1.75 to take the shield home, against Arsenal at $2.07. Sounds about right

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Glorified friendly, would happily rest the big guns and take a loss, Pounded City last season and that got us no where. 3-1 Chelsea.

BunniesMan

Immortal
IMO the community shield is more important than the League cup. It's not a friendly. You have to win a major trophy to qualify for it. And yes I thought that before we won it twice in a row.

Finally beating Mourinho is huge for psychology. I felt beating City last year was big for us and when we played them in the premier league we saw them as equals, we weren't overawed like we were in previous seasons. And we were able to win away against them.

In the same way I think this is an important win because now we'll play Chelsea at least twice in key games, and maybe more in the cups or even in europe, and we'll see them as equals, as beatable.

Having said that I still think we're a top striker short of being the best team in the league.

Haffa

:lol: more important than a Knock out competition?

We have another pre-season friendly mid-week. Last night was nothing but a glorified friendly both in practice and definition. Not bothered how we looked. Still disappointed we lost as it's never great losing against one of the smaller London clubs but I have absolute confidence we'll beat them when it matters.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If we lost it would have been counted as part of Mourinho's unbeaten streak against Wenger.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Who cares.... Give Mourinho the Arsenal team of the last 10 years and they would look like Newcastle Utd by now, so the hoodoo means nothing to me. A win in a friendly means nothing, we smashed City last year, and got no where.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Who cares.... Give Mourinho the Arsenal team of the last 10 years and they would look like Newcastle Utd by now, so the hoodoo means nothing to me. A win in a friendly means nothing, we smashed City last year, and got no where.

We had our best season in years. 3rd (it keeps being ignored but that 1 spot up is important, saves us 180 minutes of football. That's 180 minutes of fatigue and 180 minutes worth of injury risk that we get to do without). A 2nd consecutive FA cup. Winning at City and at United. There were big signs of improvement.

Haffa

We had our best season in years. 3rd (it keeps being ignored but that 1 spot up is important, saves us 180 minutes of football. That's 180 minutes of fatigue and 180 minutes worth of injury risk that we get to do without). A 2nd consecutive FA cup. Winning at City and at United. There were big signs of improvement.

If your players can't handle an extra 180 minutes of football you're in trouble. 180 minutes is the difference betwwen semi and the qtr's of the CL.

Latest posts