What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burns

First Grade
PNG Hunters have sold out Sir John Guise Stadium in Port Moresby again. Capacity of 15,000. Top stuff.

Brutus

Referee
Roosters had this radio commercial on all yesterday, boasting just 29 buck tickets for adults and 15 Bucks for kids.

Wow. That will bring them in.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They are not the highest in the NRL.

Highest in Sydney.

Last season it was something like $38 for a GA adult ticket to Roosters v Bulldogs. At least $32 pre-purchase IIRC.

I can see tickets at Suncorp for $30?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Last season it was something like $38 for a GA adult ticket to Roosters v Bulldogs. At least $32 pre-purchase IIRC.

I can see tickets at Suncorp for $30?

Right now GA for Roosters game v Broncos is $29.57 at the gate it will be $34.

Broncos v Storm currently:
White GA - $30.52.
White RES - $34.66
these prices are at an "early bird" rate which ends a week before the game, they will rise to $39 a pop pre purchase + fees and $43 a pop + fees. With even higher prices at the gate.

http://www.roosters.com.au/tickets.html
http://www.broncos.com.au/tickets.html

Broncos tickets are clearly more expensive, particularly across the better seats.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Right now GA for Roosters game v Broncos is $29.57 at the gate it will be $34.

Broncos v Storm currently:
White GA - $30.52.
White RES - $34.66
these prices are at an "early bird" rate which ends a week before the game, they will rise to $39 a pop pre purchase + fees and $43 a pop + fees. With even higher prices at the gate.

http://www.roosters.com.au/tickets.html
http://www.broncos.com.au/tickets.html

Broncos tickets are clearly more expensive, particularly across the better seats.

That is disgusting how do they expect the majority of the demographic that watch the game to attend matches at those prices. Who sets the prices SLR, the stadium or the bronc's. Actually i had no idea they were that high now. I remember going to suncorp in 2009 and paying $34 pre purchase for a ticket on the 30m line about 10 rows from the front. What would that cost now??

Nice try but no. And let's not forget who was abusive to who first here.

RaiderDave with endless calls of spastic etc, I seem to recall. Not reopening a can of worms, just responding to your statement as a LU moderator.

I'm actually really interested to see how MNF at Remondis will go. Sometimes the Sharks have surprised with MNF crowds from memory.
You are right. Some strong (for Sydney) results in there, but the last couple of seasons are soft. Here's the last 10 Mondays at Shark Park (latest at the top):

3978 (but in appalling weather)

Average: 9790.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
That is disgusting how do they expect the majority of the demographic that watch the game to attend matches at those prices. Who sets the prices SLR, the stadium or the bronc's. Actually i had no idea they were that high now. I remember going to suncorp in 2009 and paying $34 pre purchase for a ticket on the 30m line about 10 rows from the front. What would that cost now??

Yeah its such a shame. Sure, we have an awesome Stadium but it is tough with the pocket. Not sure how exactly they are set.

If we look at the map below, 30m line would be sections 340, 323 or 324. So gold. These tickets now are $82 (early bird) pre purchased + fees or $90 within a week pre purchased + fees and more at the gate.

Looking at the map still. Check out the sections 726, 717. Up in the sticks on the corner, to sit here, as an adult, you will pay up to $55+ fees, again more at gate.

When I talk about ticketing trends. Post redevelopment, level 6 west would always be full, and level 7 east would go next. Now, people can only afford white; on Friday, the 600's were about 80% full, with no one in level 7 east. Yet level 7 south was pretty full and there was a scattering (approx 100) in white level 7 north. These back in the day would be the last to go.

37462159-a97d-44ee-ab29-5fb0f94d3b32_zpsnlushk3q.png

Last edited:
Prices are insane for the Broncs, although season ticket prices haven't move too much in recent years. I am paying $255 each for 12 adult memberships, 12 games (white). About $21 a game. Would love to have better seats, but can't really justify the outlay in terms of family budget

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
RaiderDave with endless calls of spastic etc, I seem to recall. Not reopening a can of worms, just responding to your statement as a LU moderator.

I don't moderate this section, I'm just sick of the dumb repetitive 6015 jokes in a thread designed to be about discussing crowds.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Prices are insane for the Broncs, although season ticket prices haven't move too much in recent years. I am paying $255 each for 12 adult memberships, 12 games (white). About $21 a game. Would love to have better seats, but can't really justify the outlay in terms of family budget

Do you stay up there because for the smaller crowds there is way more space for the kids? You should write in on your form to get into 312 row 30, back row aisle seats would be easy to piss off to the bus line!

Yeah, we were all at the Caxton on Friday afternoon and only three out of a dozen went, because of the price. I would love for the Broncos to put on a "white budget" category for level 7 behind the posts. So many times people are like "yeah I'd go but I don't want to sit level 7".

I like the 5xx sections because if you are going to sit at the end, you may as well be a bit higher and get a better view. It is also a bit more sedate... very family friendly up there.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I like the 5xx sections because if you are going to sit at the end, you may as well be a bit higher and get a better view. It is also a bit more sedate... very family friendly up there.

Very true! I used to go to the 500s sometimes and lounge around. I have also started to buy white concession tickets and sit in blue GA, f them.

Haha. My days of non-sedate footy viewing (being as public nuisance, I am sure, on the concrete terraces of Lang Park in the old days) are long past. Now I am clearly a respected elder. :)

alien

Referee
my memory seems to be failing me. can somebody please be nice enough to remind me what the 6015 means???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts