What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Royal Rumble

Haffa

If Bryan weren’t there, Reigns wouldn’t have gotten near as much heat. Bryan is 33 and has that neck injury against him. There’s no telling how many more years he actually has in him. I’d be willing to bet he won’t be around for anymore than 3, maybe 4 years. If he is around longer, it’ll probably only be because of his immense popularity.

If Reigns does improve, he, Rollins, and Ambrose (with Wyatt, Rusev, and co.) can be an amazing core for the company. I want, so much, to look forward to the future of the company from a roster standpoint. A lot of other things seem to be getting in the way, though.

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Coach
Reigns got the heat because once Bryan was eliminated it became overly obvious he was winning. The crowd didn't want that, they wanted something different and surprising, that's why they were cheering for guys like Ambrose and Ziggler, hell even the big bad evil Russian at the end.

afinalsin666

First Grade
If Bryan weren’t there, Reigns wouldn’t have gotten near as much heat. Bryan is 33 and has that neck injury against him. There’s no telling how many more years he actually has in him. I’d be willing to bet he won’t be around for anymore than 3, maybe 4 years. If he is around longer, it’ll probably only be because of his immense popularity.

If Reigns does improve, he, Rollins, and Ambrose (with Wyatt, Rusev, and co.) can be an amazing core for the company. I want, so much, to look forward to the future of the company from a roster standpoint. A lot of other things seem to be getting in the way, though.

Stone Cold was 34 when he won his second Wrestlemania in 1999. With a broken neck. The three, maybe four, years he was in after them were the best in history.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
I agree that they could have gotten more value out of the Royal Rumble but then again I rarely feel as if they've ever gotten the maximum value out of the match. However, I don't think you necessarily need the Rumble to build to an exciting Wrestlemania and I disagree with others on this being the worst Rumble of all time.

That is just hyperbole.

it's the start of the "road to wrestlemania" it is designed to start the story and feuds. probably not the worst as some of the early ones are just terrible but the WWE killed the crowd this year and last year.

As for Ryder, he got a surprise pop and that was the gist of it. Happens every year no matter what age or skill of the performer. I get that people didn't want to see Show & Kane in the Final Four in 2015, but that's something that was always going to be on the cards, it wasn't like it was a new direction or anything.

I don't rate Ryder too highly but he clearly has fans. if the match needs enforcers employee someone younger. instead of Show and Kane maybe the Wyatt Family, cesaro or Ryback.

I actually thought it was good heat. Unfortunately it was wasted on a guy who was just as unpopular on the evening and it was too transparent for the fans.

to be honest I'm being a bit harsh but that's because I normally love the Royal Rumble. got that big boxset and everything. I hold it to a higher standard because it should be a higher standard.

anyways it's wrestlemania season so business is about to pick up

Haffa

Stone Cold was 34 when he won his second Wrestlemania in 1999. With a broken neck. The three, maybe four, years he was in after them were the best in history.

I agree, just trying to find a reason why they went this route.

Also the things angle has done with a buggered neck hardly makes it relevant.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
i like reigns but the wwe are f**king his character up. there is no way he wants to act like that

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
They showed the rumble in the US, Fox cut away due to Main Event playing the Rumble at the same time. Be interesting if it is on the Replay tomorrow.

Hoggmaster

Juniors
Just saw Raw afterwards. Whatever they are paying Heyman its not enough. He cut into the Lesner/Reigns interview and somehow, some way made me actually care about the match.

I think WM31 can be saved if they take the mic away from reigns, let him punch stuff, and have Heyman do all the talking.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm most interested to see what direction they plan to take Daniel Bryan in. I have zero interest in seeing him involved with anybody in The Authority unless they can make a Rollins program work.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Rumoured matches for WM

Sting v HHH
Undertaker V Wyatt
Cena V Rusev
Sheamus V Bryan (lol)
Rollins V Orton

Ambrose/Ziggler left out in the cold? They'll get a match, but clearly they're not a priority.

Ziggler should have turned heel at the Rumble. Ziggler v Bryan would tear the house down at WM. Instead we get Sheamus.

Parra Pride

Coach
They wanted to do Sheamus/Bryan last year as well.

Sting is finally here, and instead of the dream match most people want, we get HHH/Sting.

Wyatt/Taker should be good at least.

If the Sheamus vs Bryan plan is to go ahead, one of them needs to turn heel ASAP. On the other hand, last I heard Sheamus is still a bit away from returning. Before WM, but on or after Fast Lane.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Surely Sheamus will come back as a heel, he has to.

Otherwise we've got Cena, Ambrose, Bryan, Reigns, Ziggler, Orton, Mizdow, Sheamus, Ryback as faces. Way too unbalanced IMO.