What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

I feel we are really going to cause some major upsets this year. At full strength we are going to be really getting under others sides skins and I fully expect this to be Tariq Sims most dominant season as a back rower. The time off will only make him hungrier. I fully expect him to play origin this year and I believe he is better talent than some there ahead of him.

Fox sports has ranked our strongest lineup at 13th.

I like the fact that we are expected to compete for the spoon.

There are always teams that are expected to finish down the bottom but end up finishing in a decent position, I think we could be that team.

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
Fox sports has ranked our strongest lineup at 13th.

I like the fact that we are expected to compete for the spoon.

There are always teams that are expected to finish down the bottom but end up finishing in a decent position, I think we could be that team.
We will be that team. Those rankings are total horseshit. 13th my ass.

Noname36

First Grade
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/kurt-gidley-to-play-fullback-for-newcastle-knights-next-season/story-e6frf3su-1227153384407

Gids looks to be playing fullback next year.

Interesting times ahead re the backline. I really don't see how we can keep Sione out of the side. You'd think he and McManus would be the logical wing choices given they're current Aus and NSW wingers and Aku will be injured most of the off season but you never know...Stone has a real soft spot for Aku I think.

ryana87

Juniors
My least favourite part of this article is when kidleys mentions how easy it will be to talk contracts because his brother is ceo.......... Sounds like the decision is up to Kurt..... Not the good of the club

Zoidberg

First Grade
I like that interview. I think this will be his last year with us, he'll head to Super League next year.

It's good to know that everyone realises the Mata'utia's are priority. If we lose Gids and Gagai for 2016 there's plenty of spots to be won full time.

JENKO7

Juniors
My least favourite part of this article is when kidleys mentions how easy it will be to talk contracts because his brother is ceo.......... Sounds like the decision is up to Kurt..... Not the good of the club

I agree, should be told in the best interest of club this will be his last year but midley doesn't have the balls

Noname36

First Grade
I like that interview. I think this will be his last year with us, he'll head to Super League next year.

Really? If anything the interview tells me he's not interested in going to Super League at all. His comments seem to suggest that he's happy to keep going in the NRL as long as his body can hold out. Worrying IMO.

Spot On

Coach
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/kurt-gidley-to-play-fullback-for-newcastle-knights-next-season/story-e6frf3su-1227153384407

Gids looks to be playing fullback next year.

Interesting times ahead re the backline. I really don't see how we can keep Sione out of the side. You'd think he and McManus would be the logical wing choices given they're current Aus and NSW wingers and Aku will be injured most of the off season but you never know...Stone has a real soft spot for Aku I think.

I'm of the opinion the brothers should not be anywhere near first grade unless they are actually going to commit and sign with club beyond 2015. It is not this club's job to further develop talent that has made a decision not to play in Newcastle colours. I know there's time left for them to change their minds but it must be made before the season kicks off, otherwise piss off. I want to see M.Gidley and the Newcastle club driving the bus not the Matautia brother's manager.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
I'm of the opinion the brothers should not be anywhere near first grade unless they are actually going to commit and sign with club beyond 2015. It is not this club's job to further develop talent that has made a decision not to play in Newcastle colours. I know there's time left for them to change their minds but it must be made before the season kicks off, otherwise piss off. I want to see M.Gidley and the Newcastle club driving the bus not the Matautia brother's manager.

On one hand I certainly agree, but on the other it's difficult. We really need a good year next year. We can't keep running on NRL handouts forever. We need to appeal to sponsors and potential owners to show that the club is marketable and has something going for it. That's not going to happen with our boom rookie not playing.

It's a difficult situation.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Yes I also have those thoughts BUT unless someone comes out and clarifies what the hold up is (ie if the contract situation isn't finalized very, very early in the season proper) then I can't see how we can continue to develop them only for the manager to announce at the June deadline they are in fact leaving. Surely we won't put ourselves in that situation and be dictated to. These are blokes who signed something with another club over a season before their current deal expires. They should be given no favours if there's no loyalty or honesty with the club.

macavity

Referee
They should be playing in the real NRL from June 30 if they are leaving.

Surely we can get something done. The NRL wouldn't want the Bulldogs taking our most marketable player since forever when they are trying to sell the club. Surely not.

BUNNY23

Juniors
1. Gidley (c)
2. S. Mata'utia
3. Uate(he can pass well to the right, no more bombs)
4. Leilua/gagai
5. C. Mata'utia
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Clydesdale
10. K. Sims
11. Scott
12. T. Sims
13. Smith

14. Vaivai
15. Mataora
16. Rochow
17. Faologo

Yosh

Coach
Uate would make the worst centre the NRL has ever seen.

I'm not too worried about our backline to be honest. Whatever runs out will be up there with some of the best in the comp. Forwards still have me worried. Close to the worst pack in the NRL right?

Rod

Bench
I know he was training a couple of weeks ago because a bloke did a piece on our pre=season training for NRL.com and made comment that Tyrone was one of the better performed guys fitness-wise. Not sure since then though.