What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016-17 Coach Hiring's and Firings

nick87

Coach
Well tis the season

Fisher was gone already but today Gus Bradley joined him and no doubt there will more to follow.
Speculation about who's going where, who fits where.

LET IT BEGIN!

I think both the Rams and Jags given what they have to deal with, will be looking of offensive coaches. The Rams to develop Goff and the Jags to fix Bortles.

Both would like McDaniels i think but im not sure he's going to be in on either of those situations, though if he likes Goff that's a pretty compelling situation for him. This could be a Kyle Shanahan job if McDaniels isnt keen

I think Jim Bob Cotter could be the fit for the Jags, the work he's done with Stafford is incredible. Seems like a great fit to try and repair Bortles and get that offence back to where it should be given all the talent.

I would expect a few other jobs to open up.

Im pleased to hear the Eagles WONT be one of them, Pederson has made his fair share of errors but given the lack of talent on offence, and a rookie QB who was supposed to be red shirting, what he's done i think is rather impressive.

Where are you all at with your coaches? Want em fired? Who do you want to replace them?

nick87

Coach
Yeah Rex is an interesting case, im not sure he's done enough to be fired, but he sure as shit hasnt done enough for me think he definitely shouldnt.
He'd be a shit hot DC candidate if he did get canned. I wouldnt mind at all him getting canned, someone hiring Schwartz (although that wagon has cooled given the way the Philly D has played down the stretch) and us getting Rex in

He's a fantastic DC but he cant coach, and his brother Rob needs to go away

Tom155

Coach
According to reports Jon Gruden is the focal point of the Rams coaching search with Sean Payton & David Shaw also options

kurt faulk

Coach

Tomorrow it will be three different people. After about four days after fisher's sacking i stopped reading any articles about the Rams coaching search. It's all crap until someone actually signs a contract.

Eelectrica

Referee
I'd say Rex is is now gone. Being swept by the Dolphins wouldn't sit well with the Bills ownership.
He's supposed to be a defensive guru and yet the defense is the teams biggest weakness.

Gotta say Chuck Pagano will be gone as well after this season. Looks like another season of missing the playoffs with Andrew Luck as QB for the year. Irsay is thinking Luck should be retiring with 3 or 4 SB rings.

I wonder if the Colts, Bills or any other team with a vacancy will wait for Josh McDaniels to be available. His star has to back on the rise.

Eelectrica

Referee
According to reports Jon Gruden is the focal point of the Rams coaching search with Sean Payton & David Shaw also options
Wouldn't surprise me to see NO make a trade for Payton this season, another disappointing year for NO, if they can get something for him, I think they'll go for it.

nick87

Coach
ANOTHER off season of Sean Payten trade rumours?

A hard no from me. Christ. Enough already. And Gruden too while im at it. Why the f**k would he leave a very high paying job in the booth to go and risk his entire reputation and add stress to his life?
Id be stunned if Gruden ever coaches again.

That was an ugly look for Rex, you'd have to think it's over for him. Mike McCoy might be on the hot seat too and for f**k sake can Pagano be canned already?!

BuffaloRules

Coach
Rex gone for sure... Will be in the booth next year like Gruden with much more secure long term employment...

Need to see if the Bills blow it up completely and get an outsider or promote OC Anthony Lynn...

18to87

First Grade
There has been some rumours that Kubiak will retire due to his health. Could be an interesting one to keep an eye on.

nick87

Coach
Interesting set of jobs opening up here
The big one for might be Indy, if it opens up, you'd have to think that's the way to go, a team with a legit franchise qb in a bad division

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Yeah a bit harsh on chip, he took over an absolute dumpster fire of a team, with a good draft and FA they would most likely become between a 6-8 win team.

Tom155

Coach
Looks like its been confirmed Kubiak won't be returning next year so Broncos job is open too

skeepe

Immortal
Chip Kelly officially sacked, Mike McCoy too. Bad year for California-based coaches not named Jack Del Rio.

nick87

Coach
As said above, REALLY like that SD job if they get a good coach, I think that's the pick of the litter so far. The Broncos job is very good too, good ownership, and a championship calibre defence

Wade Phillips might just step in and be the next Broncos HC.