What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016-17 Coach Hiring's and Firings

DC_fan

Coach
I am not a fan of Chip Kelly but I do feel sorry for him. He was in a no win situation with the 49ers this season.

DC_fan

Coach
With a few head coaching positions now available and possibly more in the near future it opens the opportunity for some coordinators to move up.

Scott Linehan has done wonders with the Cowboys offence this season. So maybe he deserves another shot at head coach.

nick87

Coach
With a few head coaching positions now available and possibly more in the near future it opens the opportunity for some coordinators to move up.

Scott Linehan has done wonders with the Cowboys offence this season. So maybe he deserves another shot at head coach.

Rod Marinelli would be one of the guys on my hit list
I know he failed miserably at Detroit but given what he's done with that group in Dallas and what he did at the bears, I wouldn't want to be an AFC East team if he landed with the Bills

nick87

Coach
If I were McDaniels I'd hang around in patriot land for one more season
That colts job is going to open up this year or next, that's the job I'd want if I were him

DC_fan

Coach
Rod Marinelli would be one of the guys on my hit list
I know he failed miserably at Detroit but given what he's done with that group in Dallas and what he did at the bears, I wouldn't want to be an AFC East team if he landed with the Bills

At 67 I believe Marinelli has had his shot at head coach. Plus I would love for the Cowboys to keep as DC.

The broncos suddenly opening up is huge.

As said above, REALLY like that SD job if they get a good coach, I think that's the pick of the litter so far. The Broncos job is very good too, good ownership, and a championship calibre defence

Wade Phillips might just step in and be the next Broncos HC.

Wade hey
when he was the coach of the cowboys. he did...ok I guess
probably suited to the co-coordinator positions.

Chargers job is good if you also bring a league average medical/strength/conditioning staff

nick87

Coach
I was just guessing and almost immediately after i posted that, Elway pretty much ruled him out. He's not even likely to be at Broncos.

Can someone hire Schwartz away so we can get Son of Bum? haha

nick87

Coach
My thoughts so far:

Jags- Doug Marrone: I just can NOT get excited for Doug Marrone and interim coaches getting the gig. There are some legitimately good candidates on the market, you're picking in the top 7 of a draft AGAIN and apparently the best guy to lead you out of this was one of the dudes responsible for this hellish season? Nope, i dont much care for that

Broncos - Vance Joesph: Why is he a thing? That dolphins D isnt all that good. Wade Phillips is a FAR better DC. Now the HC job is something different and maybe Joesph is going to be really good, but im not a fan of this hire at all.

Bills - Sean McDermott: Like this one. I wanted him at philly last year before we wound up with Pederson. I think he's learnt a lot over the years, and he over sees a pretty good D. It's not without it's risks because that's kind of Ron's D and he had some very ordinary moments as a DC in Philly but i think he'll bring a similar level of fire that Rex did but preach more disciplined approach than Rex did.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Happy with Vance going to Denver. Was concerned when he was linked to the 9ers earlier.

Still, this is York we're talking about so there's still opportunity to bypass quality candidates for some plodder.

abpanther

Staff member
It's looking like McVay (with Wade Phillips) to the Rams and McDaniels/Riddick to the 49ers

I was hoping for a Wolf/McVay combo

legend

Coach
I hate this hire by the Broncos. He will be lucky to last two seasons IMO. We'll suck on both sides of the ball next season and he'll let a great D go to waste. Elway must want to see how the other half lives. It started with Kubiak and will end with Joseph.

nick87

Coach
It's looking like McVay (with Wade Phillips) to the Rams and McDaniels/Riddick to the 49ers

I was hoping for a Wolf/McVay combo

I think McVay is just a bit too green for the HC job now. I could see him following the McDaniels timeline. He'll be a good HC one day but im not sure it's right now.

Tom155

Coach
My thoughts so far:

Jags- Doug Marrone: I just can NOT get excited for Doug Marrone and interim coaches getting the gig. There are some legitimately good candidates on the market, you're picking in the top 7 of a draft AGAIN and apparently the best guy to lead you out of this was one of the dudes responsible for this hellish season? Nope, i dont much care for that

Broncos - Vance Joesph: Why is he a thing? That dolphins D isnt all that good. Wade Phillips is a FAR better DC. Now the HC job is something different and maybe Joesph is going to be really good, but im not a fan of this hire at all.

Bills - Sean McDermott: Like this one. I wanted him at philly last year before we wound up with Pederson. I think he's learnt a lot over the years, and he over sees a pretty good D. It's not without it's risks because that's kind of Ron's D and he had some very ordinary moments as a DC in Philly but i think he'll bring a similar level of fire that Rex did but preach more disciplined approach than Rex did.
I hate this hire by the Broncos. He will be lucky to last two seasons IMO. We'll suck on both sides of the ball next season and he'll let a great D go to waste. Elway must want to see how the other half lives. It started with Kubiak and will end with Joseph.
Agree with both of you, i don't like the hire at all or understand their infatuation with him.

& we lose Wade + look like promoting our DB's coach to DC :(o_O

Latest posts