What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016/17 Premier League

saint.nick

Coach
thoughts from this week

- City absolutely schooled United in the first half, it was actually intimidating from a neutral perspective the way they just moved the ball around with ease, United weren't even close.

- Pogba looks like a hugeeeee waste of money thus far, I'm sure he'll put in better performances but 93 million for Pogba? You'd expect him to be Patrick Vieira Mk2, where in reality he was closer to Yaya Toure on a form slump, a couple of powerful runs through the middle and absolutely nothing else.

- Ibra is still going to be a hit at 35, that finish of his phwoarrrrrr, one chance one moment to take it, expertly done.

- What's Rooney supposed to be these days? He's an ineffectual midfielder, down the pecking order for striker, is a mediocre CAM... United and Mourinho are going to have problems on what to do with him come the end of this season and moving further forward. Apart from the free kick assist which is really Bravo's error more than the delivery, he did nothing at all.

- Arsenal got lucky, still think they're the most likely to drop out of the top 4.

- Spurs were good but f**k me Stoke were terrible. They'll be ok once they settle down, they have too many good players to go down, Allen, Shaqiri, Arnautovic, Shawcross, they'll be fine.

- We (Liverpool) looked good outside of the 1 error by Lucas. We just need to be consistent, there's too much of a gap between our best and our worst. Sturridge, Mane, Firmino, Lallana al had great games, Matip, Mignolet and Hendo were all pretty good as well.

- Not sure what to make of Chelsea yet, will find out this Friday!
To be honest I think Hendo's game was great, and better than Mignolet's. He covered the midfield well and he played two great passes to set up the opportunities for Mane's and Firmino's second goal. Mignolet...his performance IMO is being overrated because of one good save. He still flapped at one or two crosses and that pass to Lucas was nonetheless a poor option. I want to see Karius play ASAP.

ggmu

Juniors
See that. Drop Rooney and the team plays with freedom and scores some goals.

Now I can see why people are complaining about the Optus website. Can't watch the Liverpool v Hull game, nor any other match, as their servers are down. Talk about a frakken joke.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think Leicester will get anywhere near the top 4, and they have the added burden of UCL and not much depth to rotate

BunniesMan

Immortal
Leicester didn't need to buy any stars but inexcusable that they didn't go for more depth so they can rotate properly. You need to have 2 players good enough to start at every position.

As for the rest of the league my current power rankings are:
1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. Spurs
5. United

We were incredible against Chelsea. For the first time in a long time we have a strong spine. Koscielny and Mustafi are both rocks at the back. And at DM we have 3 players in Coquelin, Xhaka and Elneny who are all better than pretty much any DM we've had since Viera.

For the first time in a long time we have no weaknesses at any position. Can't wait for when we play City. IMO the 2 City-Arsenal games will decide the champion.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
At this stage i'd be rating them

City
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arse
Everton

City are whooping everyone so they're naturally first.
Liverpool have had the hardest draw of any top 6 side and have looked good aside from Burnley
Tottenham are keeping on from last season but it'll be interesting to see how they handle the HK loss - Son covered him pretty well on the weekend though.
Arse had a slow start but are starting to come to the party, they'll be there or thereabouts for the top 4 as they are every single season.
Everton - 5th spot for 5th placed team, tied for 3rd on GD, Man U breathing down their necks...

Haffa

As good as Arsenal looked that defending was terrible. If they'd beaten the Chelsea team from 2 years ago you could say they'd turned a corner but at the moment they're exactly the type of team Arsenal beat every week.

Top 2 will still be City and United.

saint.nick

Coach
No weaknesses in any positions...I'd still argue that Arsenal have a striker weakness.

And why are so many people already drinking the kool-aid over United not making the top 4...

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
I thought it was a peculiar statement that I wanted clarified, it seems i read it correctly the first time.

Why is Utd guaranteed to make the top 4?