What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016/17 Premier League

Haffa

They will be a better team with Rose, Lamela and Alderweireld back on the pitch. I expect they'll be a different team by the time Chelsea travel to 3 point lane in Jan.

They're not a bad side but outside of Kane, Erikssen and Son, where are their goals going to come from? Where does the creativity come from outside of Erikssen? Sure they have a good back 4 and a good gk, but if you can't threaten the other end you're going to eventually concede.

Sissoko for 30mill has to be the dumbest signing of the summer.

saint.nick

Coach
The biggest problem for me is they refuse to offer protection to players who are routinely hacked all game but then get brave and book people for diving when they feel the need make an example. Players like Mane, Mahrez and Hazard get the shit kicked out of them all game and are fouled 5 or 6 times a game without the threat of a card until well into the last 20 minutes.
Sunderland were playing like merkins, their only objective was to park the bus and use illegal stifling tactics.

Jimbo

Immortal
They will be a better team with Rose, Lamela and Alderweireld back on the pitch. I expect they'll be a different team by the time Chelsea travel to 3 point lane in Jan.

I just hope we don't get Kaaaaaaaaaned

Haffa

Sunderland were playing like merkins, their only objective was to park the bus and use illegal stifling tactics.
That happens to Hazard every week. Hard fouls to test the refs resolve and if they're not quick to card the responsible players it continues all game.

saint.nick

Coach
That happens to Hazard every week. Hard fouls to test the refs resolve and if they're not quick to card the responsible players it continues all game.
They weren't able to do it to Origi thankfully, the kid was too big and too strong for them. He's like a blend of Drogba and Henry.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

couldn't play much worse than we are now, so disappointing

its not our depth, we were done to our 3rd left fullback but Wimmer wasn't to bad for a CB playing LFB, we do miss Alderweireld tho

its our so called big guns letting us down atm, players like Eriksen and Son have about 1 good game in 4, just no consistency, and Dembele having his worst run ever despite being one of our best last season, Ali has been very quiet also

Harry Winks has been our only decent bright spot so far this season and hes just a 20 year old kid

Haffa

15622539_10154207407646417_1709789975825274223_n.jpg
Christmas is here. Tight race from second to 6th atm. I still think United are specials for the Top 4, they're finding their feet playing Jose Ball and look to be about to go on a run.

Jimbo

Immortal
Shame that the toffees couldn't hold on this morning, but it would have just been a bonus really

As the gunners well know though, you don't get a trophy for leading at the halfway point

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Gonna one hell of a race for CL places this season. Anyone of the top 6 wI'll be good enough for a top 4 spot.

Would love to see the myth of Pep continue and city drop out of the top 4 despite the win over Arsenal. Chelsea look specials to me even this far out. Stupid call to make I know but the side know what to do to win a title and no European football will be such an advantage going forward.

All I want for LFC is a top 4 finish and we can most definitely achieve that this season.

Jimbo

Immortal
Would love to see the myth of Pep continue and city drop out of the top 4 despite the win over Arsenal. Chelsea look specials to me even this far out. Stupid call to make I know but the side know what to do to win a title and no European football will be such an advantage going forward.

The myth of Pep is surely established well enough now

I would have been happy to be thereabouts when the Cup kicks off in January, but it looks like we'll have a handy lead. Conte is doing great things...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Lamela is normally good for a few too, be glad to get him back but he is still about 3 weeks away.

Last edited: