What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016/17 Summer of Cricket

Bazal

Post Whore
Seriously.....if there's only going to be 1 over.....why not bowl Cummins? Happy to be wrong.

Personally I'm not upset that the single over went to the best pace bowler in the world at the moment.

I wouldn't be upset had it gone to Cummins either, but Hazelwood is comfortably our best quick so fair enough IMO.

TheParraboy

Staff member
India will get a massive first innings lead - nothing surer. Will end up winning the series 2-1

Parra getting tanked last night

terrible terrible weekend

Personally I'm not upset that the single over went to the best pace bowler in the world at the moment.

I wouldn't be upset had it gone to Cummins either, but Hazelwood is comfortably our best quick so fair enough IMO.

Hazlewood is predominantly (but not exclusively) a 'pressure' bowler. When there's only a single over to bowl I'd go for the guy who caused them the most trouble in the last test and stick a short leg fielder under their eye.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pretty impressive debut from Kuldeep Yadav, very good variation and excellent control

Bazal

Post Whore
Hey look, Negative Nath is back after 2 deliveries!

What earthly reason does he have for going around the wicket to right handers? Dumb, defensive bowling

Bazal

Post Whore
And he goes back over the wicket and gets Rahane.

Put a shock collar on him and give him a belt whenever the stupid merkin tries to go around the wicket.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Basil Brush, you are kidding yourself!

Whether or not anyone watches any cricket at all, the numbers on the SOK vs Lyon thing speak for themselves. SOK has a better FC record, and, unsurprisingly, a better test record. In both formats SOK is more economical, has a better strike rate, and gets more wickets per game.
You say Lyon hasn't played much FC cricket? He was played 46 non-test FC games, SOK has 62. There really isn't much of a difference.

The aim of the game as a bowler is, ultimately, to take wickets. SOK gets more of them, faster, at a cheaper rate than Lyon. That's the story. You can't write it any other way.

I spoke to this bloke years ago who was convinced that Neil Harvey was a better batsman than Don Bradman. Was it you Basil Brush????
Haha.

Look at Lyons record in real cricket i.e. test cricket and come back to me.

Lyon is a far better bowler than O'Keeffe.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Once he stopped bowling around the wicket, he got some wickets. What a magical coincidence....

Of course, it makes it all the more mind boggling that he's currently gone back around the wicket.
Lyon's biggest issue is his ball speed.

When around 80-85 kph, he is unbelievable.

However a lot of cricket fans in aus don't rate him for some reason.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lyon's biggest issue is his ball speed.

When around 80-85 kph, he is unbelievable.

However a lot of cricket fans in aus don't rate him for some reason.

No, a lot of cricket fans get unbelievably frustrated by him because;

-He goes through long periods of being worse than a grade cricket offie with no consequences
-He goes through periods of bowling defensively and not even trying to get a wicket
-He has an obsession with bowling around the wicket which makes it almost impossible for him to get a wicket
-He has the variation of a straight line
-He rarely turns the ball

At his best, he's a solid bowler. He's very rarely at his best.