What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

Clifferd

Coach
Leicharddt down to GA only

Dunno if that means much since probably 60% of the ground is GA but seems like it's selling pretty fast

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos v Roosters tracking fairly poorly for Parker's fair well. I think many must be holding off for a possible home elimination final next week rather than going to a game on a Thursday.

Jamberoo

Juniors
GIven that it's otherwise a sport-free weekend in Melbourne, I'd like to think they can pull at least 20k on Saturday night.
Heaps of promo down here this week. Cam Smith on AFL360 tonight promoting half price tickets for AFL club members. Have never seen a Sharks supporter in Melbourne but could still top 25k I reckon. With finals Storm will get 20k+ four games in a row.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Broncos v Roosters tracking fairly poorly for Parker's fair well. I think many must be holding off for a possible home elimination final next week rather than going to a game on a Thursday.

Thursday and Monday has destroyed the season crowd wise. Personally even on TV I find it a stretch. It just comes across as being any other TV show on 5 nights a week and therefore most games just become "missable". there's just no vocal point for each round at all. I don't think the Nrl could make the league any worst for the fans at the moment but they will no doubt come up with some other "win" for the fans which is nothing of the sort.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Broncos v Roosters - 36K
Bulldogs v Rabbitohs - 18K
Dragons v Knights - 7K
Cowboys v Titans - 19K
Storm v Sharks - 23K
Warriors v Eels - 8K
Tigers v Raiders - 17K
Panthers v Sea Eagles - 13K

Snappy

Coach

I checked ticketek and thought it looked pretty good.

All lower tier is full. Level 5 is full at both ends. 601, 602,603, 640, 639 all full. 638 mostly full. 709, 710, 711 mostly full, 721, 722 half full

so thats gota be over 35 k ?

Marlins

Juniors
Broncos v Roosters - 37k
Bulldogs v Rabbitohs - 15k
Dragons v Knights - 10k
Cowboys v Titans - 14K
Storm v Sharks - 18K
Warriors v Eels - 11k
Tigers v Raiders - 14K
Panthers v Sea Eagles - 12k

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I checked ticketek and thought it looked pretty good.

All lower tier is full. Level 5 is full at both ends. 601, 602,603, 640, 639 all full. 638 mostly full. 709, 710, 711 mostly full, 721, 722 half full

so thats gota be over 35 k ?

This time last year for hodges last we had sold all of level 7 south and east, as well as 6 and were selling into level 7 north.

Pax at this stage would be around 38.5 - 39.5k.

Given the Thursday no shows we are on track for about 38k total.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Broncos v Roosters - 22K
Bulldogs v Rabbitohs - 13K
Dragons v Knights - 3K
Cowboys v Titans - 14K
Storm v Sharks - 18K
Warriors v Eels - 7K
Tigers v Raiders - 14K
Panthers v Sea Eagles - 10K

cc_roosters style!

Nice haha!

I will go
Brisbane v East's 37k
Canterbury v south's 15k
Illawarra v Newcastle 8k (cripple fight)
North qld v gold coast 17k
Melbourne v cronulla 16k
New Zealand v Parramatta 6k
West's v Canberra 15k
Penrith v Manly 10k

bnie7349

Juniors
Whats everyone's thoughts on the best case scenarios for the first week of the semi finals?

Assuming the NRL stick the with same model as last year (1 v 4 play on Friday etc.), I think Cronulla winning the minor premiership would be good so the Storm can have their home semi final on a Saturday night which is another AFL free day. In saying that, hopefully the storm fans do not get turned off by 2 losses in a row.

If Bulldogs finish 5th, Tigers making the eight would be good because surely an abundance of Tigers fans would turn up after being out of the top 8 since 2011 as well as Bulldogs fans turning up in big numbers. Broncos finishing sixth should get over 45k suncorp against at Penrith.

On the flip side of the coin, If Broncos finish 5th, hopefully the Titans make the 8 because surely that would sell out Suncorp.

Marlins

Juniors
Best case
Friday Suncorp
Broncos vs Titans
Saturday Double header Allianz
Bulldogs vs Panthers
Sharks vs Raiders
Sunday AAMI
Storm vs Cowboys
All Sellouts

Billythekid

First Grade
Best case scenario wouldnt involve a double header, that's just so stupid. Hopefully sanity prevails and that doesn't happen (if it's actually possible).

Cam Smith said it's almost sold out on NRL360 last night.

I'm always cautious with statements like that. How often do we hear that only to see stadiums nowhere near full?

Would be brilliant to see though.

bnie7349

Juniors
Best case scenario wouldnt involve a double header, that's just so stupid. Hopefully sanity prevails and that doesn't happen (if it's actually possible).

I'm always cautious with statements like that. How often do we hear that only to see stadiums nowhere near full?

Would be brilliant to see though.

I agree, I was at the double header in 2013 and it didn't feel like a semi final. I do like the concept of double headers but only in the regular season.

Yeah fair call. Anything under 20k would be disappointing considering how much effort the Storm have put into promoting the game.

Paullyboy

Coach
If you're talking best case scenarios for week 1, then that would mean the Raiders finishing in 2nd and the Sharks in 3rd as there'd be a bigger crowd at Canberra Stadium

(that's assuming we don't do a stupid f*cking double header)

Latest posts