What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

bazza

Immortal
big bash gets crowds cos its short sharp and heaps of sixes.
its all over fast and in the end, the result doesnt matter its just fun
I would be interested to know the stats on how many people go to all BBL home games for a team
For a short season of 5 games and only 2 teams in Sydney, you just need a few people to go to 1 game per season to get good crowds
With more games and teams, the NRL needs to rely on the majority of the crowd being regular attendees

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I would be interested to know the stats on how many people go to all BBL home games for a team
For a short season of 5 games and only 2 teams in Sydney, you just need a few people to go to 1 game per season to get good crowds
With more games and teams, the NRL needs to rely on the majority of the crowd being regular attendees
This is precisely my point.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I dont feel as though there is as much emotional attachment to the BBL teams as there is in rugby league.

Maybe not but looking at the amount of people in fully kitted out merch, kids painted orange etc the crowd certainly seemed to have invested heavily in showing they were Scorchers fans.

Interestingly having enjoyed the experience I was set to go again last week but they put the game on at Thursday at 4pm lol. I wonder what the crowd was compared to the 20k at 6pm game I went to?
entertainment experience, cost, facilities, marketing and schedule. That's the formula for getting crowds

Billythekid

First Grade
Guess it depends on your work and personal situation. For me I actually probably prefer a 6pm start and I think in Newcastle it shouldn't be as big of a deal. Also agree that it might be better for some families, the game actually finishes at a decent time.

I'm not confident it will do well but I don't think it's the guaranteed disaster that people make it out to be.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Look PR you've convinced me.

Let's shorten the season to a month, remove half the teams, have big fireworks and flame thr...

Oh, look it's our OWN FINALS SERIES.

idiot.

The 6pm Friday game Might benefit from families and might not be the disaster you think it will be

I tend to agree. It might surprise us. It is a family friendly timeslot assuming Mum and Dad are home from work early enough. The pubs are full at this time, people do tend to knock off early on Fridays.

There were people that said Friday night football (and then Saturday night) wouldn't work in the late 80s, early 90s.