What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Time to boot this up again - early September and we're starting to get things through for next year...

Whos switching jersey suppliers for next season??? Anyone know if the roosters will still be with ISC for next season???

Timmah

Staff member
We already have the Tigers confirming Bryden's as 2016 & beyond sponsor, and Canterbury's Jaycar extended for one season as well.

Today Penrith have confirmed they'll be releasing their 2016 50th Anniversary logo on Friday:

It's almost time to reveal the Penrith Panthers 50th Anniversary logo - but first let's take a look back at some of our most loyal clubmen.

Over the next two days we will count down the club's most-capped players, culminating in the launch of the Penrith Panthers 50th Anniversary logo.

The countdown will begin 9am Wednesday on the Panthers Twitter account, with a player posted every hour for 50 hours, all building up to the release of the new logo on Friday.

Images of the players will also be posted on the Panthers website as we celebrate the great men who have pulled on the Penrith jersey over the last five decades.

The 50th Anniversary logo will be used in the design of all of the club's 2016 jerseys, which will themselves be revealed in the coming weeks.

Stay tuned Panthers fans!

LINK

flippikat

Bench
Hoping that the Panthers 2016 jerseys ditch the Pink strip, and really go for the black/white/brown look that they're increasingly using in training gear & one-off jerseys.

beave

Coach
NQ are looking for a new sleeve sponsor for next year.

Brisclean are goooooone thank christ.

Blues Riff

Bench
Hoping that the Panthers 2016 jerseys ditch the Pink strip, and really go for the black/white/brown look that they're increasingly using in training gear & one-off jerseys.

Yeah, I think the pink variation sells pretty well, so it could stay. It doesn't really bother me.
For the home strip, I'd like to see a combination of these two.

The gold bits on the training jersey with the feint stripes seen on the ANZAC strip.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

What did you think of the one off brown and white striped jersey they wore? Personally I thought it was a great design and was great to see a step change from the normal single colour with trims we see running around.

Widnes wore a shirt based on the Newcastle united football club jersey at this years magic weekend at St James park. It also looked fantastic and I think I remember reading that widnes sold heaps of them

Fair to say stripes are under utilised in the NRL

kdalymc

Bench
Ffs so panthers are doing a anniversary in the wrong year... Awesome. Unless they mean 50 seasons... But I think their claiming 66 instead of 67 which just opens the gates for all sorts of bullshit

Timmah

Staff member
If they were established in 1966 but first played in 1967 I guess they can claim it if they want. Bulldogs did 80 years this year but did 70 seasons in 2004. It's confusing for sure

kdalymc

Bench
80th anniversary, 70th season. Perfectly fine, although you should stick to one...

But somethig before you were in the NRL/top league, nah that's just milking it...

I'm hoping (but doubtful) they mean 50 seasons...

Edit- correct me if I'm wrong, they celebrated 40th anniversary in 2006, with that gross jersey..., however, the f**king logo says EST 1967...
So they simply have no idea?

Last edited:

Blues Riff

Bench
orrect me if I'm wrong, they celebrated 40th anniversary in 2006, with that gross jersey..., however, the f**king logo says EST 1967...
So they simply have no idea?

Read this slowly if it helps.
The f**king logo is correct. Penrith's first season was 1967, thus making 2006 their 40th season and 2016 their 50th season.
2017 will be their 51st season.
It's reasonable to celebrate the 50th anniversary during the 50th year. It happens all the time.

Can't be 50th anniversary.

Has to be 50th season.

And while we're at it, currency was decimalised in 1966. Should be the Centy Panthers and not Penny Panthers methinks. Let's get consistent right across the NRL peeps!