What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

Pommy

Coach
Odd release video. I know the RFL want to generate hype and make a big deal of a star player returning just doesn't really fit with a shirt release.

14225453_1152346464804068_2795492805045123408_n.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not bad but looks a bit too much like a Chrysler badge! Can't beat the GB chevron jersey from the 90's.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No, not incorrect. 1998 would have been their 10th anniversary (or 'birthday' to humanise it for a moment). 1997 was their 10th season / year in the comp.
2017 will be their 30th season, hence I expect a '30 years' logo or commemoration of some kind.
WTF?

If you're humanising it, you use years, not anniversary..

'hi, I'm 29 anniversaries old' doesn't work. It's years. And you mark those years at the completion of 365 days, not beforehand.

Even the same with anniversaries.. The anniversary is celebrated after the completion of a year, not during it..

kdalymc

Bench
Haha hence why I said my- 9th birthday I got a 10years cake...
oh well at least (because they didn't do one this year) it looks like 3 teams with a "7" at the end are doing it correctly next year- sharks, eels, Titans.

$5 on titans doing a chargers strip....

forby

Juniors
You celebrate an anniversary or birthday on one day!
By your method your first year actually doesn't count as you haven't had your first birthday. It must be a zeroth year.
1967 = 1, 1968 = 2, ...... 1976 = 10, ............................. 2016 = 50th year.
2017 = 51st year!

you might celebrate your 50th Birthday at the start, but you play your 51st season.

kdalymc

Bench
floggingadeadhorse.gif

honestly its really a matter of whether you would rather celebrate your seasons or your years (anniversary/s). and that is all good, and upto the team. but when they start confusing the 2 terms or changing which one they want to celebrate it gets stupid. no doubt one of the 3 teams next year (doing it correctly hehe) will have the exact same text that penrith has this year, but be celebrating an anniversary not a season...

Thanks Mad Hatter. This is the first time someone's ever defaced a logo I've created for the benefit of a joke. I'd be touched if I didn't hate the fact we're in a position for this to happen!

I dont whether to feel honoured or not.

That said, newcastle wont get the spoon next year. Bulldogs will.

Nuke

Staff member
Well, we can only hope so..!

And yes, I never take myself seriously, so you should be honoured to be the first!