What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeepe

Immortal
Looks like I'm going to get the highest team score and highest individual score scored against me this season.

Gotta love this league.

Tom155

Coach
Tasty numbers, no doubt.

A little bit of love for your man Khalil "Daddy of the" Mack though ploiz. 41 numbers that look to have got the Dreamweavers over the line in the battle for top seed!

He is a beast.
Unbelievable 41 from a D player, it was close till Mack & Sanders went nuts

Feels like im playing Sanders in a ton of leagues this week its killing me, helped get legend the win in high rollers vs me

skeepe

Immortal
Ouch. Bad luck, was a close game and to be honest a loss probably would have been better for me in the long run with the draft in mind, but I'm too competitive to tank so overall happy with the win.

Good luck in the playoffs.

Tom155

Coach
No when you win a guy in FA you can assign years

[3.2 Assigning Contracts]
Players acquired through the off season UFA must be assigned a contract length of up to 5 years and are able to be assigned one of two contract types:
& #8226; Straight contract: This is a contract value of the full winning bid amount, no cap penalties are incurred when cutting a player with this type of contract.
& #8226; Bonus contract: This is a contract value of 80% of the winning bid amount. The remaining 20% becomes a bonus which is not included in the team’s salary cap. If a player is cut, the bonus becomes a cap penalty equal to the number of years, multiplied by the bonus amount.
& #8226; Each team has a contract limit of 80 years, the total of all contracted years cannot breach this amount.

Players picked up on waivers during the year get automatically assigned 1 year deals

[5.2.1 Blind Bid Waivers]
 All players added via blind bidding automatically receive a 1-year, straight contract.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Mkay. So does that mean only players drafted are ever on multi year contracts? You can never attribute years to a f/a or waiver pickup?
There will be an off season FA period, basically the same as the auction we had this year just smaller because most guys are contracted. Guys added during the season are only one year rentals so they go back to the FA pool during the off season along with any guys with 0 years when contracts get rolled back. There's a franchise or transition tag that can be used on one 0 year player.

I have a suggestion up to allow years to be allocated for some in season pick ups, but that's something to discuss and vote on down the track, won't be in effect for current players.

Status
Not open for further replies.