What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Match Review Committee / Judiciary

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Kicking isn't even the worst foul play currently becoming a regularity in the NRL. How many cases of tripping have we seen go completely unacknowledged this year? Josh Reynolds probably had something like 3 instances on his own. I know the NRL enjoys digging their own grave, but this will be the next media crusade as soon as someone gets their leg broken and probably loses their career.

The_Shield

Juniors
Kicking isn't even the worst foul play currently becoming a regularity in the NRL. How many cases of tripping have we seen go completely unacknowledged this year? Josh Reynolds probably had something like 3 instances on his own. I know the NRL enjoys digging their own grave, but this will be the next media crusade as soon as someone gets their leg broken and probably loses their career.

How is tripping worse then kicking

The_Shield

Juniors
Seriously?

A good successful trip can cause compound fractures in the leg. That isn't a few stitches or a bruised ego, that is someone's career, and likely a lifetime of pain.

Seriously? Wow, I can't imagine a kick doing anything like that!

Do me a favour and watch a bit of mma or kickboxing then come back and tell me trips are worse then kicks

Surely

Post Whore

What were your thoughts on kasianos kick ?

The Undertaker

Juniors
Seriously? Wow, I can't imagine a kick doing anything like that!

Do me a favour and watch a bit of mma or kickboxing then come back and tell me trips are worse then kicks
problem is in footy the bloke getting tripped is travelling flat out and generally is caught unawares whereas in mma / jui jitsu its a combat situation with both combatants battling for supremacy with negligible momentum then a case of force over leverage to effect the trip or throw.
Don't get me wrong bones can still get broke, ligaments tweaked etc.
Doesn't take much particularly if you land wrong , get the limb / body part over torqued etc
But by the same token kicks, elbows and even punches for that matter can be devastating if and when the timing / Target area / volume is right.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Meh it actually improves our defence anyway! We might actually have a centre that makes a tackle.

Was worth a punt tonight though

gcboyz

Juniors
Oh well if the Donkeys give him the sack he could always get that job at Arnotts using his face as the stamp for Ugly Biscuits.

butchmcdick

Immortal
I read on another forum a broncos fan calling for another superleague as this decision proves the Broncos can't ever get a fair go from the NRL