What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 NBA Draft

Rod

Bench
They robbed the bank on this one.

Maybe. FA hasn't even started yet. I tend to refrain from making my mind up too early on these things these days.

On a somewhat related note I always find it funny when fans have these really emotional reactions to their draft picks when history shows so much of it is just speculation and educated guesswork.

ByRd

First Grade
I think it makes perfect sense for OKC...

Ibaka was going to be a big problem for OKC considering he had been overtaken by Adams as the team's 3rd best player and he was not going to take a contract downgrade....

Then considering that Waiters is also a potential free agent as well now they get cap space as well as not being held to ransom to pay stupid money to keep Waiters like they did for Kanter last summer....

I think Ibaka was never going to resign for less money so they pick up a younger cheaper piece who also helps out with the Waiters situation...

They still need another piece IMO....

Agree with you on tis, they are missing that one knock down shooter, if they can find that then this team will be scary.

Ibaka is still a good player however this year he drifted to the 3 point line more and more and wasn't the defensive presence he once was, I think with the emergence of Adams that this is a risk worth taking. We'll see if it pays off.

Aragorn

First Grade
Maybe. FA hasn't even started yet. I tend to refrain from making my mind up too early on these things these days.

On a somewhat related note I always find it funny when fans have these really emotional reactions to their draft picks when history shows so much of it is just speculation and educated guesswork.

of course.

its human nature.

look at Brexit and how the world is reacting without knowing the full extent of what that will mean for everyone.

T-Boon

Coach
Biggest show poney. Even back in Highschool. Simmons destroyed him in the palms classic.

Don't start a war man, thats my favourite player there.
Apparently he was captain of the chess club as well. What a nerd.

nick87

Coach
Been struggling to come to terms with it, i kind of wanted to be a 76'ers fan but they were so awful and under Hinkke didnt seem likely to be good any time soon... but now he's out and Ben Simmons is in, so am i.

Noa

First Grade
My takes from the draft

- Huge day for Philly, not only Ben but Luwawu and Korkmaz are terrific picks at 24&26
- Dunn is a great pick for Wolves.
-I love the trade for OKC, the emergence of Adams makes Ibaka' D not needed just because he can hit a 3.
- Denver was a winner. Murray, Hernangomez and Beasley is a great draft haul.
- Phoenix did well. Bit of over-lap between Bender and Chriss but 2 talented to pass up.

Also loved the draft for the Warriors and Lakers (Zubac a steal)

Loser
- Boston. 8 picks and thats all you can manage. Philadelphia would have traded Okafor & 24&26 straight up for 3 because they wanted Dunn. Think about that.

McNulty

Juniors
dissapointing seeing peoples thoughts on the celtics. so we're gonna be crap next year?

Glad Simmons went to Philly. As a Celtics fan, the last thing I wanted to see was him at the Lakers

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Won't be crap, as you have the cap space to grab KD, plus with the early first rounder next year, the Celts will be fine, but should of done better in this draft.

Rod

Bench
This might sound weird but I think the Celtics having so many draft picks/assets actually counted against them.

I mean when you have so many draft picks, clearly you're probably not going to use all of them for yourself, therefore teams know that you want to get rid of some of them and can maybe play a bit of hardball of their own. Couple that with the fact that Ainge has a reputation for 'never losing a trade' and you have teams really trying not to get screwed over by the Celts who end up sitting there trying to deal these picks to wary teams.

I said this at the trade deadline, but that's where the Celtics should have made a move. Nothing else was going on, they could have really made one or two decent moves and really started to get the ball rolling going into this draft. Instead they apparently made an awful offer to the Cavs for Love who rightly declined and now the Celts are paying the price because now the Cavs are the champs and don't care as much about panic-trading Love anymore.

shiznit

Coach
Won't be crap, as you have the cap space to grab KD, plus with the early first rounder next year, the Celts will be fine, but should of done better in this draft.
I think there's no chance that KD goes to the Celtics.

I think people are over complicating the KD decision... The guy will move for 3 main reasons...

1 - Money

2 - A better chance at a Championship

3 - Going home

None of those things fit the Celtics...

I'm thinking it's between OKC, GSW & SA with the Knicks as an outside chance now with Rose, Melo & Porzingis on that roster.

It's obviously all speculation... But going to the Celtics makes absolutely no sense in any level...

Iafeta

Referee
Winners

- OKC. Got a good young post prospect and a two way shooting guard. I would say they're a good chance of keeping Durantula as they seem to have improved their roster to go after a title.
- Spurs. They recruit strategically well year in year out.
- 76ers. Quality picks throughout.
- Pelicans. Needed a shooter. Got a potentially great one.

Losers

- Bucks. Sorry, but Maker is a horrible lottery pick and so not what they needed.
- Kings. DeMarcus Cousins on Twitter says it all
- Hronets. Trade a pick for Marco B?
- Magic. Don't think Ibaka is a great fit. And they traded a lot for him.

Could be good

- Celtics. I think they are building patiently through the draft. Brown I think will be very good for them.
- Pistons. Putting together a good all round team.
- Wolves. Would suggest Rubio, who has never developed his shooting, will go on the block.