What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 NRL Grand Final: SHARKS v STORM, Sunday Oct 2nd

jono

Juniors
Don't care (clap clap clap) don't care (clap clap clap) don't care (clap clap clap).......
The Apathetic Viking Clap

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Imagine then reaction if seffa paulo returns from injury and becomes a premiership winning player something hindmarsh unfortunately couldnt achieve.

Wouldn't begrudge the guy as he seemed a nice bloke off the field but surely cronulla arent considering him to play on sunday should stick with the 17 they had on friday.

Eelogical

Referee
Melbourne have tasted enough success. Sharks have paid their dues and deserve to finally win a title after 49 years. I certainly don't begrudge them even allowing for the Gallen factor. That smug Smith needs a taste of defeat in his mouth. Having said that I think the Storm are the favourites but I'm going for the Gummies on sentiment alone.

emjaycee

Coach
Here is a little bit of GF trivia that most of you already know, however as I hate Melbourne it is good to put some perspective into things this week even if it means getting on my soapbox.

Melbourne Storm will play their 7th grand final in the 19 years since they joined the comp in 1997. This is a fantastic achievement and one that should be recognised (sarcasm).
Of their 6 appearances to date they have "won" 4 and lost 2, although 2 of their wins were subsequently taken away for salary cap breaches. The 2 they lost occurred during the salary cap rorting period and the minor premierships they won in those years were also taken away. So effectively, without breaching the salary cap rules, Melbourne has managed to legitimately play in only 3 grand finals in 19 years.
So have Roosters (6), Broncos (5), Manly (5) and Dogs (3) making the Storms achievement not as fantastic despite the wanking of the press and the continued forgetting of the fact they cheated.

Between 1976 and 1986, the mighty Parramatta Eels legitimately appeared in 7 grand finals (8 if you count the 1977 replay) in 11 years and legitimately won 4, (drew 1) and lost 3, including the last triple peat.

3 in 19 years versus 7 in 11 years - yeah right, Melbourne are one of the best clubs ever - not.

(exit soapbox)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Here is a little bit of GF trivia that most of you already know, however as I hate Melbourne it is good to put some perspective into things this week even if it means getting on my soapbox.

Melbourne Storm will play their 7th grand final in the 19 years since they joined the comp in 1997. This is a fantastic achievement and one that should be recognised (sarcasm).
Of their 6 appearances to date they have "won" 4 and lost 2, although 2 of their wins were subsequently taken away for salary cap breaches. The 2 they lost occurred during the salary cap rorting period and the minor premierships they won in those years were also taken away. So effectively, without breaching the salary cap rules, Melbourne has managed to legitimately play in only 3 grand finals in 19 years.
So have Roosters (6), Broncos (5), Manly (5) and Dogs (3) making the Storms achievement not as fantastic despite the wanking of the press and the continued forgetting of the fact they cheated.

Between 1976 and 1986, the mighty Parramatta Eels legitimately appeared in 7 grand finals (8 if you count the 1977 replay) in 11 years and legitimately won 4, (drew 1) and lost 3, including the last triple peat.

3 in 19 years versus 7 in 11 years - yeah right, Melbourne are one of the best clubs ever - not.

(exit soapbox)

To be fair, the statement is that they are one of the best clubs of the NRL era..

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Did anyone see cam smith shoulder charge croker in the back on saturday night and get away it. They spoke about it on 360 last night that if it was ennis everyone would be screaming the joint down

Latest posts