What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 GF | PREMIERS - Sharks 14-12 Storm @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lazza

Juniors
Me thinks its in the bag, The Sharks bag that is. :)

:p:p:p:p

I dont and as much as I would want the Sharks to win, I think Sharks play too conservative... Eg, when faced with a penalty in the opposition 20 against the Cowboys, Gallen will always go for the 2 whereas I think they will need trys against the Storm. They need to play like the Raiders to trouble Strom's structured defence.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I dont and as much as I would want the Sharks to win, I think Sharks play too conservative... Eg, when faced with a penalty in the opposition 20 against the Cowboys, Gallen will always go for the 2 whereas I think they will need trys against the Storm. They need to play like the Raiders to trouble Strom's structured defence.

Didn't watch last week?

myrrh ken

First Grade
We don't have the same personnel to play like the raiders and we do rely on our structures. We are 1-1 with the storm this season.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Ladbrokes have offered $2.50 for a storm win.
I find that extremely strange considering they are $1.80 almost everywhere else.

Card Shark

Immortal

Totally agree.

We must go for the try as once we get 1, we can get 5.

lazza

Juniors
Didn't watch last week?
haha, yes I did. I didnt mean it that literally. More their attacking style. They were really unlucky with Whiton's sin binning and Lee's butter fingers. I still think the sin bin rule needs to change and hopefully they'll address it.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
under/over team totals for this one

17.5 for storm
16.5 sharks

win or lose 18 points is very doable for melbourne

Grapple

Bench
Haven't read this thread so not sure if it's been mentioned but I don't buy the whole "Melbourne have the big game players".
It's perhaps true that Cooper and Cam are more well poised and clinical in guiding the team in those crucial moments of the match in comparison to their opposites, but it's not as if Gallen, Maloney or Ennis haven't played in big games before.

I bloody hope that Sydney crowd roars for Cronulla. I'll be doing the same here in NZ as if it's my own team in the GF. Good luck, Sharkies. Cannot wait!

TheFrog

Coach
This one's a bit hard to get enthused about. I'll watch it because its the two best sides and I suppose I should go for the Sharks going for their first premiership in their 50th year and all but it's all a bit underwhelming. A bit like Storm vs Manly. Last year was really easy because the Broncos were in it, but I think I'm pretty close to a neutral in this one. So I hope the better side wins and it isn't decided by the refs.

They say Sydney people who support other clubs should be behind the Sharks but it doesn't always work that way. They came in at the same time as the Panthers (didn't have to fight off other bids like the Panthers did), took our colours, and have been the more successful of the two on-field by most measures, games won, finals series reached, grand finals reached, except for one. So I won't be especially heartbroken if that situation remains after this grand final is over.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
This one's a bit hard to get enthused about. I'll watch it because its the two best sides and I suppose I should go for the Sharks going for their first premiership in their 50th year and all but it's all a bit underwhelming. A bit like Storm vs Manly. Last year was really easy because the Broncos were in it, but I think I'm pretty close to a neutral in this one. So I hope the better side wins and it isn't decided by the refs.

They say Sydney people who support other clubs should be behind the Sharks but it doesn't always work that way. They came in at the same time as the Panthers (didn't have to fight off other bids like the Panthers did), took our colours, and have been the more successful of the two on-field by most measures, games won, finals series reached, grand finals reached, except for one. So I won't be especially heartbroken if that situation remains after this grand final is over.
We give you langyx2 and Preston
Then you won the comp.

You're welcome.

Latest posts