What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Off Season

shiznit

Coach
Whatever happens from here... I gotta give Boston some real credit...

I thought there was no way in hell they would seriously be in the mix with the others... Just due to talent alone...

But picking up Horford has really brought them in to it... I still don't think they are anywhere near OKC or GS... But they are in the east... So they avoid that gauntlet in the west...

lafai

Bench
Whatever happens from here... I gotta give Boston some real credit...

I thought there was no way in hell they would seriously be in the mix with the others... Just due to talent alone...

But picking up Horford has really brought them in to it... I still don't think they are anywhere near OKC or GS... But they are in the east... So they avoid that gauntlet in the west...

But LeBron is still in the east.

T-Boon

Coach
Even with LeBron in the east... It's still a much easier path than the loaded west...

I don't know. Obviously Lebron has a mortgage on the East for at least another year probably two.
I suppose that if you are building in the East you don't expect it to pay off in terms of finals for a few years yet.
The West is much harder but less predictable. If GS deflate any one of four could get to the finals.

natheel

Coach
Who is Durant likely to go to? Warriors or Thunder is my tip but wouldn't mind seeing him team up with Horford at Celtics

natheel

Coach
Who is Durant likely to go to? Warriors or Thunder is my tip but wouldn't mind seeing him team up with Horford at Celtics

natheel

Coach

Aragorn

First Grade
Thunder.

He plans to announce it through the players tribute.

Easier to write about why you want to stay at OKC and finish what you started than writing about leaving to go play at GSW....

Just seems out of character if he was to jump ship like that and write about it at a player tribute is my point.

shiznit

Coach
i think he should stay with OKC... There's no real reason for him to leave... They have the talent and they can offer him the most money.

I wouldn't mind him going to Boston... As that's a team he would help build...

Going to the Warriors would be pretty bad... Considering he was one who took sly little potshots at guys going to franchises to form super teams...

Him going to the Warriors is miles worse than Lebron going to Miami... They came together and formed a super team.... KD would be joining a team who have already won a title and won 79 games last season...

Whatever he wins at GS wouldn't be viewed in the same light...

shiznit

Coach
Wow.... :shock:

Ohhhh well.... A man is entitled to make his own decision....

Even if it appears from a basketball perspective the easier option...

From an overall perspective he probably took the hard option in that he probably knew the hate would come thick and fast....

Barkley

Bench
Unbelievable! I never actually thought he would go to GSW.
Looks like Harrison Barnes is off to The Mavs.

Not a good look when you criticise Lebron when he joined the Heat all this years ago and then you do something even worse.

I understand why he made this decision ... I suppose he knows he is just not good enough to lead a team to a championship.

lafai

Bench
OKC are better off he was a loser anyway. I just hope Westbrook goes 60/20/20 against them.

Apparently GSWs pitch was something like this
" we might win a few championships, you might win one, together we will win them all"

I so hope they don't win one single one ...

shiznit

Coach
The thing that makes me shake my head... Is it's really a no win situation for KD....

I mean if everything goes absolutely perfectly next season and GS break there own record and go 80+ wins and the sweep everyone in the playoffs... He won't be given real credit for it...

And if they don't win... He will end up ridiculed...

I think he's good enough to win a title without joining GS...

Rod

Bench
I'm trying to resist the hot takes from myself, but the word that keeps coming back into my head is 'weak'.

You're right shiznit, he's put himself in a no-win situation here. No one will ever give him proper credit for a title even if they manage to win.

Damn shame for the Thunder too who were shaping up as super exciting.

ByRd

First Grade
Wow. I didn't really think he would leave this year especially to the team that just beat you in game 7 when you were so close. This is a weak move and even funnier when he talked about lebron going to Miami. I really don't know what to say, not a fan of either team but man this just makes it boring, are we gonna get cavs/warriors finals for the next 3 years. I'm still in disbelief that you can run off and join the team that just beat you especially when you're on a title contender already, unbelievable.

Barkley

Bench
It will certainly be a hollow victory if/when they win a ring.
I was on the Warriors bandwagon for the last few years but now I just want to see them lose. Its made a mockery out of the NBA, the next season is going to be a joke.

Bogut is now off to the Mavs to make room for KD.

18to87

First Grade
The thing that makes me shake my head... Is it's really a no win situation for KD....

I mean if everything goes absolutely perfectly next season and GS break there own record and go 80+ wins and the sweep everyone in the playoffs... He won't be given real credit for it...

And if they don't win... He will end up ridiculed...

I think he's good enough to win a title without joining GS...

Exactly. Just when I was getting back into the NBA this ridiculousness happens. Wake me up in the finals where I will be rooting for Lebron this time around.

Latest posts