What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Perth Test - Australia 26-6 New Zealand @ nib Stadium

Perth: Australia v New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Does it really matter? He doesn't do anything.
Blood Martin! At least Thomas tried things, so he deserves to keep at it.

SJ tried things, but none of them came off. Throwing Martin to the Wolves and becoming a no man band rather than a one man band isn't really the answer.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I hope joe tapine can get a game. The kiwis pack is going to be hard to crack but he migjt get a run against scotland

Will be good for his development

DiegoNT

First Grade
2 tries
1 try assist
Most run metres off all players today.

Can't wait to hear how shit he is and how undeserved it is.

Cordner unlucky though

Arucard

Juniors
SJ tried things, but none of them came off. Throwing Martin to the Wolves and becoming a no man band rather than a one man band isn't really the answer.
That's putting a downer on Thomas' effort tonight. Johnson continually offers nothing. Better we have another option ready for the World Cup next year, with Martin having a go already if he gets called on.

Tommy Smith

Referee
2 tries
1 try assist
Most run metres off all players today.

Can't wait to hear how shit he is and how undeserved it is.

Cordner unlucky though
2nd most run metres behind Godner :D

No issues with GI as MotM for me. He makes it look so effortless at centre.

He's the best centre I've seen and I find it hard to believe there's ever been a better one but for maybe Puff the Magic Dragon.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
That's putting a downer on Thomas' effort tonight. Johnson continually offers nothing. Better we have another option ready for the World Cup next year, with Martin having a go already if he gets called on.
I thought they both sparked NOTHING tonight. But like faith said and I agree, theyre the best we got. Martin growing hairs on his balls and Hinganos not in the squad. Apparently the next experienced 6/7 is Tohu Harris!

DiegoNT

First Grade
2nd most run metres behind Godner :D

No issues with GI as MotM for me. He makes it look so effortless at centre.

He's the best centre I've seen and I find it hard to believe there's ever been a better one but for maybe Puff the Magic Dragon.
Stat site i looked up had Inglis at 160+m and Cordner at 141m. Either way both were great and worked well for each other

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

TL always puts in effort, but what did he really produce? Anything of note? Threw a nice pass, looked busy, but that was about it. Everyone talks about how SJ needs an organising half next to him to perform, so what's TL's role exactly? If it's not to organise, and it's not to create......???

Outside of having our first choice spine we're going to struggle, that's just the unfortunate reality.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Mate truer words have never been spoken. Australia smashed the kiwis pack and the australian back row was great.
Add Papalii to that rotation (and Fifita perhaps) then come World Cup time that's an Aussie pack with the power and aggression to more than match the Kiwis.

I don't rate the selections of Fergo and Dugan. But Boyd was an inspired choice and recognised what Australia needed to combat the Kiwis.

Reactions: OVP

Arucard

Juniors
Was the same with the Warriors all year. SJ is the easy one to blame when he doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat, but one guy can't win a game of league on his own.
He hardly touched the ball when we were on attack in the Aussie 20. Just showing up for the last to put in one of his hopeless kicks. That isn't good enough. And yet he gets a free pass because he's Shaun Johnson.......

TheFrog

Coach
Note that they are showing a head-only shot of Yvonne. She looked more than a tad chubby at the Mervs. I just wonder if there is something we aren't being told???

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
He hardly touched the ball when we were on attack in the Aussie 20. Just showing up for the last to put in one of his hopeless kicks. That isn't good enough. And yet he gets a free pass because he's Shaun Johnson.......

Free pass? He cops more criticism than just about any Warriors player, except maybe Manu.

There's only so much he can do (and that goes for any half) if the forwards aren't going forward and he has no supporting cast around him to provide alternative threats. especially when our dummy half play was very slow and sloppy tonight.