What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Perth Test - Australia 26-6 New Zealand @ nib Stadium

Perth: Australia v New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chigurh

Thaiday was good. Over 100 metres from the bench and some quick play the balls.

I've got no idea what has sparked it but he's been playing really well for a few months now.

TheFrog

Coach
After watching the game I would make the below changes:

Ferguson gone. Replace him with Holmes. Holmes plays on the right wing for the Sharks.

Mansour back to his left wing.

Dugan gone. Replaced with BJ.

Darius Boyd is on thin ice. The guy threw some horrible balls and lacks speed and creativity. I would even throw Holmes back there if Mal insists on Ferguson on the wing.

Morgan possibly replaced by Moylan.

Fifita back into the squad.

Thaiday gone. Replaced by the Wade Graham.
Just play the entire Sharks team 1-17. They'd still win the thing.

Seriously, having picked a squad, they cannot really change it just because of some below par performances in a warm up game. Next opponent is Scotland. You have to expect all 7 who didn't appear last night will appear in that game. I'd play Dugan and Fergo to give them a chance to impress, but Dugan especially must be doubtful for the more serious encounters that follow.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
I was pissed last night - both angry and drunk.

I see what you mean now. ONE OFF tests might not mean as much to some compared to Origin. I love Origin but its losing its excitement when I compare it to the good ole days and Im a QLD fan. Last nights first half had it all but then half time happened and it went from hard to an easy game for the Kangaroos.

haha me too mate for other reasons

just find it hard to get excited for International league when there are only two competitive teams

and I cringe whenever JT gets smashed cause that could be our season right there

kdalymc

Bench
They're holding a trophy. What's the go is it a one off test, or a two test series 6 months apart???

MilkShark

First Grade
Just play the entire Sharks team 1-17. They'd still win the thing.

Seriously, having picked a squad, they cannot really change it just because of some below par performances in a warm up game. Next opponent is Scotland. You have to expect all 7 who didn't appear last night will appear in that game. I'd play Dugan and Fergo to give them a chance to impress, but Dugan especially must be doubtful for the more serious encounters that follow.
We could name the Knights team and still beat Scotland (probably not but you know what mean). Giving Dugan and Ferguson another shot is fine but if they both come out and have great games I really hope Mal has the smarts to understand beating Scotland is not a great way of judging players form.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
We could name the Knights team and still beat Scotland (probably not but you know what mean). Giving Dugan and Ferguson another shot is fine but if they both come out and have great games I really hope Mal has the smarts to understand beating Scotland is not a great way of judging players form.
Like you say, if Mal does play them against Scotland and where they'll more than likely to come up with a big play or a big performance, I guess it keeps the monkey of Mals back in that he can say that their selection is now warranted or reinforced. If that all happens, then its clear Mal wants Fergusson and Dugan no matter what.

From a Kiwi perspective, theyre not bad. Hell we'd have them if we could! I just hope they crumble against us :)

ed-grimley

Bench
It seemed compressed on their side of the field and open on Inglis and Holmes' side.