What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 PM XIII

Gronk

Staff member
Big Mal has already appointed Inglis as captain and Josh said this morning that Mitchell Pearce will be half.

Who at the Eels will get a run this year ?

2015 Tepai
2014 -
2013 Hayne
2012 Mannah
2011 Mannah & Burt
2010 Mannah & Ben Smith
2009 -
2008 Hayne & Hindy
2007 -
2006 Hayne
2005 -

IIRC a train on squad is selected after Mad Monday and then the team is selected from that closer to match day on 24 September, 2016.

phantom eel

First Grade
You'd assume Tepai would get another turn. Maybe Semi (if he's overlooked for Australia) and French?

In a normal season Norman may have had a shot. Peats is an obvious choice too, but is no longer one of ours.

Speaking of ex-Eels, Hayne's manager will probably lobby for Jarryd's inclusion so he can stay in the headlines and promote his brand.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Off topic, but I'm on an 11-day cruise to PNG (currently in Kiriwina Island), and there are Eels jerseys and polos everywhere...

Next most popular team seems to be the Cowboys.

It'd be awesome to have a PNG team in the NRL.

Gronk

Staff member
Off topic, but I'm on an 11-day cruise to PNG (currently in Kiriwina Island), and there are Eels jerseys and polos everywhere...

Never been to PNG but have been close. Dove Truk Lagoon via Guam which is high north from where you are. That was a long time ago BC (before children). The US scuttled planes tanks etc in shallow water.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

It'll take a while. Getting their facilities up to a first grade standard and what not. Outside of Eels games I'd say that the match I am most interested in is PNG vs Fiji. Both play with so much passion and their wild running makes up for their lack of other skills.

T.S Quint

Coach
If PNG had a team in the NRL, how many of their players would have to be locals?
Who from Australia or NZ would want to go and live over there?

Gronk

Staff member
Australian Prime Minister's XIII side

1 James Tedesco (Wests Tigers)

2 Semi Radradra (Parramatta Eels)

3 Greg Inglis (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

4 Josh Dugan (St George Illawarra Dragons)

5 Blake Ferguson (Sydney Roosters)

6 Mitchell Moses (Wests Tigers)

7 Mitchell Pearce (Sydney Roosters)

8 Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)

9 Jake Friend (Sydney Roosters)

10 Ryan James (Gold Coast Titans)

11 Boyd Cordner (Sydney Roosters)

12 Tyson Frizell (St George Illawarra Dragons)

13 Josh Jackson (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)

14 David Klemmer (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)

15 Moses Mbye (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)

16 Dylan Napa (Sydney Roosters)

17 Jake Trbojevic (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)

18 To be confirmed

Coach: Mal Meninga

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2016/09/13/radradra_named_in_pm.html

Looks like Mal is serious about making us the champions again, good side there he has picked, normally there is a lot or averages Joe's but there is good players and some with Origin and tests under their belts.

Latest posts