What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 GF | PREMIERS - Sharks 14-12 Storm @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Fast, open, attacking rugby league. The Broncos turned to shit at the end, but the whole game was way more entertaining than this one for 75 minutes. This came ok at the end, but it was a game typical for these two boring teams.

Paullyboy is easily up there as one of the best posters in here.

adamkungl

Immortal
Was a great game. Wouldn't win any awards for blistering attack, but nor would the Roosters v Manly 4-0 semi from 2013.

It was tense and tough, and only got moreso as the clock ticked on. Had great ebbs and flows and momentum swings, a ton of emotion, insanely good scrambling defence. In attack it had some great moments, but they were more the sort that fell agonisingly short, than the perfectly executed backline moves - but that's rarely what grand finals are about.

If you couldn't take some appreciation out of that game for the football played, even allowing for disliking both teams, then maybe it's time you found another sport.

Valheru

Coach
This game was superior to last year's in terms of a combination of match quality and excitement. Last year we were 2 minutes shy of seeing one of the more ho hum GF's, not so yesterday.

Jimmy Maloney must have someone smiling down on him, i know he got away with one in 2013 as well but the refs missed 3 blatant forward passes from him in a row.

The sharks were the better team and deserved their win. Melbourne's performance was one of the gutsiest from a losing side, their defence was tremendous and they could (should??) have stolen the win.

Spot On

Coach
Fast, open, attacking rugby league. The Broncos turned to shit at the end, but the whole game was way more entertaining than this one for 75 minutes. This came ok at the end, but it was a game typical for these two boring teams.

Wow. Ok. Don't think too many would agree with you but each to their own. I couldn't sit and watch last year's tripe again. If you call kicking the ball out every time you've got for nearly half an hour an example of fast, open, attacking rugby league then ..............

I would FF to the last minute though. That was good viewing as was the Ben Hunt dropped ball. About it though.

Spade

Juniors
Still can't get over how poor Cronk was, he had to be carrying a injury or something, that's the worst game I've seen him play.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Anyone know the last time someone won 2 Grand Finals in 2 (clearly) different positions? Luke Lewis a winner on the wing with Penrith and backrower with Cronulla. Awesome effort.

rockcod

Juniors
I think they did really well putting heaps of pressure on Cronk, add that they spend most of the first half coming out of their own end it wasn't his sort of game. Storm did need to do better with the few opportunities they had, too many 20m restarts that you rarely see from them.

Up the other end the Sharks seemed to get a result nearly every kick, a knock on, line dropout, even kicks that came of players heads rolled nicely into the in goal.

Shorty

Staff member
Still can't get over how poor Cronk was, he had to be carrying a injury or something, that's the worst game I've seen him play.
Cronk shuts down completely when his team is struggling, Storm have never come back from being down this year.
I love Cooper Cronk but the reality is he is an average talent that works very hard to be consistent.

Storm almost stole that match from play from their young guys, not Cronk or Smith.

alien

Referee

Sharks did well rushing up on him.

To those saying the Grand Final wasn't as entertaining as some because there wasn't as many tries as some Grand Finals, there doesn't have to be a lot of tries for a game to be entertaining! It was a close gritty game with good defense from both teams. If you only find a game entertaining if there are a lot of tries then maybe you have ADHD or something!

Hutty1986

Immortal
Sharks did well rushing up on him.

To those saying the Grand Final wasn't as entertaining as some because there wasn't as many tries as some Grand Finals, there doesn't have to be a lot of tries for a game to be entertaining! It was a close gritty game with good defense from both teams. If you only find a game entertaining if there are a lot of tries then maybe you have ADHD or something!

If those people have ADHD, what about the ones who change teams?

alien

Referee
If those people have ADHD, what about the ones who change teams?

I can tell from your response that you are one of those with ADHD! If teams are scoring tries every other minute then it means the defense is shit, which means it's not a good quality game!

Cronk shuts down completely when his team is struggling, Storm have never come back from being down this year.
I love Cooper Cronk but the reality is he is an average talent that works very hard to be consistent.

Storm almost stole that match from play from their young guys, not Cronk or Smith.

Agree mate...he goes missing when there is no flow in the game and does not have the natural talent of the likes of Johnson or Hunt for example.

Clifferd

Coach
Struggling to find how any Rugby League fan didn't enjoy that game ... it had a little bit of everything and final result was still up in the air right up until the hooter

Honestly felt like an origin game