What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R12 vs Brisbane

Tiger05

First Grade
Rankin is unlucky. He isn't Tedesco or JAC who are both guns.

I thought as a team we were pretty good and it's hard to pick the best players.

3. Brooks
2. JAC
1. ET

Ballin was good but I don't think anywhere near the best 3 in the team.

Tiger05

First Grade
How good was that win though. I hate hearing how crap our team is. We have a decent to good squad.

We've also got a dud coach with ego problems and he has screwed us over.

magpie4ever

First Grade
How good was that win though. I hate hearing how crap our team is. We have a decent to good squad.

We've also got a dud coach with ego problems and he has screwed us over.

maybe one player has ego problems and a few supporters, definitely not the coach with the ego problems, bro.

Tiger05

First Grade
maybe one player has ego problems and a few supporters, definitely not the coach with the ego problems, bro.

Farah has some problems but it's been JT that tried to screw him over when there was no need for it. It's also been JT who has come up with the dud game plans for massive chunks of the season.

I think JT makes some good calls but he mixes them up with shockers.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
We have signed a few players this week to extended contracts...we have to lock JAC up before someone else grabs him.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Should have been about 28-6 but a win's a win! ET - revelation! He was like a 5/8th tackling machine out there. All forwards were solid too.

But please please sign up JAC long-term. The kid will be a gun.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We have signed a few players this week to extended contracts...we have to lock JAC up before someone else grabs him.

I didn't like the part in the press conference where JT said 'I'm excited about what Josh can bring us for the rest of the year'

Might be reading too much into it but sounded like that's all we've got him for

Das Hassler

Bench
Pretty sure he signed for three years with Melbourne about a month ago ....hope not but i think so
In the meantime congratulations to Jason Taylor and the whole 17 tonight...they all gave 100% and Bennett conceded the score flattered his guys....great effort away from home

Last edited:

Eddie Lab

Juniors
We have the framework for a very solid forward pack. Woods, sue, Ava, grant, Taylor and JJ looks like he has talent.

Jac was amazing. Caused three turn overs I think but where has he been all year? He should have been in the team at the start of the season if he showed half the talent in training that he has so far in the nrl.

I didn't like the part in the press conference where JT said 'I'm excited about what Josh can bring us for the rest of the year'
Vic, I did not listen to the press conference but that statement certainly raises some very important selection headaches going forwatd.

Addo-Carr for Rankin but who will be the goal kicker if they drop Rankin?

Rankin for Moses perhaps? In the Ch 9 commentary last night Johns was saying how Rankin was organising his players for the drop goal, was it just Rankin doing the organising or was only he that Johns noticed? Maybe his experience is what Brooks needs?

Tiger05

First Grade
I hope Taylor meant he is going to play JAC but I also hope that they sign him up on a long term contract.

Clifferd

Coach
Moses apart from that field goal was pretty f**king poor. Brooks on the other hand was the best half on the field, against Milford and Hunt which is no easy feat

It's noticeable how a couple of old heads like Ballin and ET have made a difference to our pack and help compliment others around them,when Farah returns Halatau should make way as his service is quite poor while the other younger forwards like JJ and JA offer more.

magpie guy

Juniors
Please. Moses was ordinary. Ballin was basically a non entity as well. I'm surprised Brooks is listed there at all because he was exceptionally good.

I thought that Ballin's defence was pretty good and he gave solid service. Certainly doesn't add to the attack the way that Robbie does but a far better option than Halatau there. He did mention in a post match interview that he was pretty gassed half way through his stint. Considering he has only played 4 minutes this season it was a pretty good effort.