What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R14 vs Souths

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Fri 10 Jun 2016, 7:50pm, ANZ Stadium

1 James Tedesco
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Tim Simona
4 Kevin Naiqama
5 Josh Addo-Carr
6 Mitchell Moses
7 Luke Brooks
8 Aaron Woods
9 Robbie Farah
10 Ava Seumanufagai
11 Josh Aloiai
12 Chris Lawrence
13 Elijah Taylor

Interchange
14 Sauaso Sue
15 Dene Halatau
16 Tim Grant
17 Kyle Lovett

Wests Tigers: Robbie Farah has been named at hooker with Elijah Taylor shifting back to lock and Kyle Lovett the bench. JJ Felise also drops out of the team with Tim Grant returning on the bench.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
1 Cody Walker
2 Alex Johnston
3 Kirisome Auva'a
4 Bryson Goodwin
5 Dane Nielsen
6 Greg Inglis
7 Adam Reynolds
8 Thomas Burgess
9 Cameron McInnes
10 Nathan Brown
11 Paul Carter
12 Kyle Turner
13 Sam Burgess

Interchange
14 Luke Keary
15 Jason Clark
16 Siosifa Talakai
17 David Tyrrell

Rabbitohs: South Sydney maintain the same 17 that went down in golden point to the Titans on Sunday night.

Tigerted

Juniors
U echoed my sentiments macnaz.

We r totally crap.2nd worst defence in comp & perennially appalling kicking game really sums this rabble up.

Although Souths r @ the worst they've been for a no. of yrs they should win this.

One thing is for certain is that 1 of our halves will have a shit game & the other will b avg @ best.We will also have 2-3 players going to the head bin & Kev & nofa will let in at least 2 tries between them.

..& of course after losing Taylor will tell us that we were in the game till the end & that there was a +Ve with our improved defence !

BuffaloRules

Coach
Why pick Halatau every week?

Bloke offers nothing and gave away a ridiculous penalty in front of the posts last week...

Tiger05

First Grade
Hahaha we could and should win a lot of games BUT WE DONT !
WE ARE WEAK AS PISS FROM THE CEO DOWN.

We might perform this week. I look at that team and it has a tonne of talent. The outside backs are great with the main deficiency being Nofo and Naiqama's defensive reads. The halves when they play well are great. The pack and bench look pretty good.

The problem is that Naiqama/Nofo will make at least one howler of a decision and let whoever is playing walk over the line. Our halves at best will have one of them play great. The other half will be ordinary. Robbie won't play with any skill and he has lost the ability to get good running metres. Moses or Robbie will play for a penalty when the best option is to just give it your best shot. The forwards will get rolled at times.

Souths have a gun team. We can compete but we have to play to our best. We just don't do that basically ever.

magpie guy

Juniors
Soft bench apart from Sue

Yeah, Tim Grant will do his job but doesn't exactly add impact off the bench. I would really like JJ Felise to come in with Halatau or Lovett dropping off.

And for the love of god will Kev stop racing up out of the line.

Clifferd

Coach
Yep, grant sure does try hard but I've noticed he gets dominated a lot. I've seen him get picked up and driven a fair amount of times

We need bench players that can bend the line. Out of that bench only Sue can do it consistently well and also Felise when he plays

Hopefully next year we have a bench rotation of Sue, Paseska and Felise

Very youthful but massive size coming off the bench. Heck id have tank II debuting soon but I'm not sure if he is contracted in our 25

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Referees: Matt Cecchin, Matt Noyen
Sideline Officials: Jason Walsh, Adam Reid
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Halatau has been bog average since returning. He is wasting a spot that a better and younger player could have.

He should only play if Lovett and Sironen are unavailable. Simple as that.

b.bear

Juniors
U echoed my sentiments macnaz.

We r totally crap.2nd worst defence in comp & perennially appalling kicking game really sums this rabble up.

Although Souths r @ the worst they've been for a no. of yrs they should win this.

One thing is for certain is that 1 of our halves will have a shit game & the other will b avg @ best.We will also have 2-3 players going to the head bin & Kev & nofa will let in at least 2 tries between them.

..& of course after losing Taylor will tell us that we were in the game till the end & that there was a +Ve with our improved defence !

so true..

if we do happen to jag a win it wont be coaching it will be individual brilliance

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Its only taken to halfway through the season and, from my perspective, our season has gone into the surreal. Bizarre selections, key position crippling injury, already loosing good potential players moving on elsewhere for 2017, under-performers being rewarded with extensions (albeit due to options on players favour) and the usual excuses becoming prevalent in our media responses.

I'm just getting so over WT at the moment. Surely it cant go on. Something has to give.

Halatau and Siro are both f##king useless and should follow that other massive plodder we released to ESl...Buchanan.It's frightening to think that these three played in the same pack together,a bloody Roman statue would have more go forward than the three of them put together...!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Who knows with us. At our best we can go with any team but at our worst Newcastle can lap us. I reckon Souths will beat us purely cause we beat them last time.