What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R14 vs Souths

Vic Mackey

Referee
As much as I love JAC we need to start planning for next year. I'd move Kev to left wing and out MCK at right center to see how he goes. If he doesn't work out we need to go hard for a decent center. Someone like Ricky Leutele. Another smokey would be Jack Wighton, the guy will never be anything at fullback however could be a very good center.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Leutele is a capable defender and who can play either side too, so he would be a good get.

Tigerm

First Grade
Win or Lose, can not understand why Farah isn't starting & more concerning is management don't seem to bothered?

2 tries up to realise that I should never and can never say a negative thing again about:

Moses because Johns has informed me and all tiger fans that Moses has improved so much this year and Taylor because the 2nd try was a coaches try - is that the 1st coaches try of the year or have I missed all of the others?

Seriously though, that was a very good 1st half by the team.

How good is Brooks ?

Worried when that 1st try was bombed though but the 3 that followed were good and the defence excellent for the most part.

Tigerm

First Grade
Good game, great to see Farah score, (did you see Taylors face).
Souths played pretty dirty but I thought everyone (WT's) stuck to there guns in attack & defence.

magpie4ever

First Grade
That was better.

Full credit to Brooks and Moses.

Any praise for Coach Taylor, now?

Guzzy must be pissed off for letting Taylor go. He is a work demon (said in the nicest meaning given his Christian belief).

Both Brooks and Moses pulled off some very good tackles tonight.

Brooks for man of match for me.
3 Brooks
2 Teddy
1 Ava

Moses needs to practice goal kicking now, missed about 5 I think.

Interesting that Tedesco said the try from kick off was the work of assistant coach.

axl rose

Bench
All of a sudden we have offloads in our game instead of one out shit. Maybe Souths soft but still.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
Our 2nd phase football was amazing tonight. More of that please

3. Moses
2. Brooks
1. Teddy/Farah/Ava/Sue/ET

You can argue the whole team deserves the one point but I thought Moses and Brooks were by far our best tonight

Last edited:
Moses and Brooks both had strong games tonight, the Roosters game aside they've both been going well over the past month. If we are writing this season off then maybe it's worth keeping them together and seeing where it goes.

ET on the other hand must be signed up to a long term deal. Potentially our best signing since Gareth Ellis, we can't afford to lose him after a year or two like we did with Austin and Tapau. He's a player we can build around and takes a lot of pressure off the halves.

Tigerm

First Grade
That was better.

Full credit to Brooks and Moses.

Any praise for Coach Taylor, now?

Guzzy must be pissed off for letting Taylor go. He is a work demon (said in the nicest meaning given his Christian belief).

No praise from me, while it was a good win, I still think there are problems and we have a split camp and that is all Taylors doing. I just don't see the need for it, starting Halatau over Farah, I suppose it shows that JT's early stuff about it all being smoothed out was bullshit. I guess we will eventually know what everyone was feeling when one of them leaves the club.

ET is a gun isn't he, do you know if he has been signed further than the end of the season?

T.T

Juniors
He has been copping alot of hate but i thought Kev naiqama was really good tonight, one of our best.

Moses had a great game.. In defence too. He stopped Burgess for a certain try. Still needs to work on those kicks close to the line. The one he put dead helped Souths on their comeback

Hopefully we can continue to play this free flowing form of footy.

Clifferd

Coach
No praise from me, while it was a good win, I still think there are problems and we have a split camp and that is all Taylors doing. I just don't see the need for it, starting Halatau over Farah, I suppose it shows that JT's early stuff about it all being smoothed out was bullshit. I guess we will eventually know what everyone was feeling when one of them leaves the club.

ET is a gun isn't he, do you know if he has been signed further than the end of the season?

Not as of yet. If I was Tigers I'd be doing it quick smart as his value would
Be going up week by week

The Rosco

Bench
I thought Halatau played well early. Some really effective grassing tackles.
Brooks and Moses both played to their potential tonight.
Robbie couldn't help himself with that grubber, but you could see he was put on a leash by Taylor and was getting clean, quick ball away from DH.
Lawrence played well.
Moses' tackle on burgess at the line was stand and applaud stuff. We defended well and were dominant from the start.
Souffs lose the plot and get real dirty when things don't go their way.
Brown and Carter, while being aggressive and all that, are penalty magnet time bombs. The burgess's are filthy dirty players. To see Sam go off after collecting knees during a tackle on a player in mid-air was delicious. Suck pus Sammy.
I know this isn't the forum to do so, but LOL@SOUFFS

magpie4ever

First Grade

Didn't think so - from you and a number of other posters.

Don't often agree with Guzzy, but his coment "coaches that listen to fans end up sitting alongside them very quickly" - very, very true.

Clifferd

Coach
I hate making excuses but I think on a dry track we win that game last week. A lot of the stuff we did tonight (2nd phase play), full field attacking raids, razzle dazzle etc just couldn't be executed last week

Yes I know both teams had the same conditions but Roosters have the forwards to bash and barge and we don't, simple

Latest posts