What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R14 vs Souths

Tigerm

First Grade
Didn't think so - from you and a number of other posters.

Don't often agree with Guzzy, but his coment "coaches that listen to fans end up sitting alongside them very quickly" - very, very true.

Very true, but fans who don't spend there $'s with the club also have a tendancy to get clubs nervous and they move coaches on as well, it happens all the time, especially here:lol:

Tiger05

First Grade
We were really good tonight. Naiqama is a weapon in the centres, Anyone stating anything else has no idea including prior to this game. He still needs to work on his defensive reads but for a non marquee player he is great.

Our halves were great and that was the difference. They need to do that a lot more consistently.

T.T

Juniors
We were really good tonight. Naiqama is a weapon in the centres, Anyone stating anything else has no idea including prior to this game. He still needs to work on his defensive reads but for a non marquee player he is great.

Our halves were great and that was the difference. They need to do that a lot more consistently.

100% agree. Surprisingly souffs didn't target Kev/Moses. They sent most of their attacks to right hand side, and scored a few times, once catching Brooks out and also targeting Addo-Carr's height difference with kicks

Tigers Tale

Juniors
A couple of comments about this game and the past few weeks in fact;

I think the team goes much better when Brooks is first receiver and Moses runs the ball. I think Brooks tends to make better decisions and the speed of Moses when given the ball on the run is better than his normal sideways movement when at first receiver.

Lovett is just too slow. His defence is solid but his speed when in the clear or taking the ball up is terrible. He went into centre again tonight and he is a liability. I'd rather someone like MCK on the bench who is solid if called into replacing a back but also has plenty of speed if in the back row.

I think our fowards have stood up the last few weeks and our attack is benefitting. Sue and ET must be resigned for the next few years. Our defence is still heart in mouth at times and I'd like to see a better defensive structures...buy hey, we won!!!

Overall I'm very happy with the win.

PS. The moral of they story is Sammy, don't tackle people in the air after a kick...friggin hell, South did it all night and we get a penalty for it in the 79th minute.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Probably the first time that both brooks and Moses have played well in the same game. Happy with it but not getting over excited. Realistically Souths are a bottom 4 team so if we think we're a shot at the 8 we should have beaten them well. We now have 16 days off to get a good plan together and go down to Melbourne. If JT rests Farah I will completely lose my shit.

TruSaint

Referee
Congrats on playing some entertaining footy. Even as a Dragons fan, I enjoyed the flow of the game, and some of the tries just brilliant. Naiqama is an enigma. He is deceptively sharp, and has grown with confidence. Your halves are now showing their potential. I thought farah was great also. All round, a very good win.

Tiger05

First Grade
Thanks TruSaint. Naiqama has problems making the right calls defensively but he can really make a bust.

Clifferd

Coach
With Naiqama it's risk poor defense for brilliant attack. Last night I think his brilliant attack shined over poor defensive decisions

I'd still have him as wing and Chee Kam filling in at Centre, hopefully next year.

TruSaint

Referee
Thanks TruSaint. Naiqama has problems making the right calls defensively but he can really make a bust.

T05, you may be right... Just from what I have seen he has developed into a very lethal weapon that "compliments" your attack. He is faster and stronger that i had imagined. If you guys keep the core of these young guns, with your halves, ... happy times for WT fans i see.
Good luck any way as I enjoy the footy your team offers.
Was glad to see Souths grubby tactics didnt affect your win. Some very poor / low acts IMHO.
Building nicely.

super_coach

First Grade
He certainly didn't seem to enjoy the moment as much as I did, if I didn't know better I would have sworn he was spitting out a sour grape :D

The bottom line Farah had Moses unmarked and took the odds to throw a dummy and score a try, if he had been held up or tackled short we would have all being spewing

Tigerm

First Grade
The bottom line Farah had Moses unmarked and took the odds to throw a dummy and score a try, if he had been held up or tackled short we would have all being spewing

True, but it didn't happen and he scored a cracker, you gotta enjoy the moment.

Tigerm

First Grade
T05, you may be right... Just from what I have seen he has developed into a very lethal weapon that "compliments" your attack. He is faster and stronger that i had imagined. If you guys keep the core of these young guns, with your halves, ... happy times for WT fans i see.
Was glad to see Souths grubby tactics didnt affect your win. Some very poor / low acts IMHO.
Building nicely.

It's interesting how other non-WT fans see our team, isn't it. Maybe we are too critical of our players as I am sure other fans are of there own teams?

T.T

Juniors

Walker went early for Moses. If farah threw it to him he would have bombed the try

Tiger05

First Grade
Building nicely.

I'm a massive fan of Naiqama. He is a weapon.

We do have some issues. Nofo and Naiqama have some bad defensive plays in them but they both have to be in the team because they add so much to us. Our forwards and outside backs though are basically fine. Tedesco is I think the best fullback in the comp and one of the best players.

Our main issue though is our halves. They are inconsistent. If they play well we are in with a real good chance in every game we play.

Tiger05

First Grade

This is simply not true. The player was looking for Robbie to pass it. Robbie took the right option.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
With Naiqama it's risk poor defense for brilliant attack. Last night I think his brilliant attack shined over poor defensive decisions

I'd still have him as wing and Chee Kam filling in at Centre, hopefully next year.
Completely agree

super_coach perhaps the old guy still has some vision and can read the play, Walker going for Moses and Gray was closer to Moses as well.

It's interesting how other non-WT fans see our team, isn't it. Maybe we are too critical of our players as I am sure other fans are of there own teams?
TIGERM, I think for the most part fans are always critical of their own especially when their team are not going well, perhaps we have been critical for far too long now because for far to long....well we know why. I have a good friend who is all red & white and was so happy when they signed Benji because as an outsider, he thought Benji was great. When I told you can have him he was shocked, now, well he can see how hot sometimes he is but more times cold.

Latest posts