What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R16 vs Storm

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Melbourne Storm v Wests Tigers
AAMI Park, Melbourne
4pm Sunday 26 June 2016

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Tim Simona
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Jordan Rankin
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods
9. Dene Halatau
10. Sauaso Sue
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Elijah Taylor

Interchange:
14. Tim Grant
15. Ava Seumanufagai
16. Robbie Farah
17. Kyle Lovett
18. Michael Chee-Kam

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Storm

1. Cameron Munster
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Cheyse Blair
4. Ryan Morgan
5. Marika Koroibete
6. Blake Green
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jordan McLean
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane

Interchange:
14. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
15. Felise Kaufusi
16. Kenneath Bromwich
17. Ben Hampton
18. Matt White
21. Christian Welch
22. Young Tonumaipea

Referees: Jared Maxwell, Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Rohan Best
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea, Jason Robinson

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope like all f**k Farah starts this game. We cannot allow the Storm front row to get early momentum as they will not relinquish it. We have to be on the front foot hard and fast right from the start.

If Halatau starts, the dummy half service might be too slow to create any momentum, dominance and field position.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't agree with Farah on the bench but if Taylor thinks he can't play 80 it makes sense to start him there. This way we only use 2 interchange when he comes on instead when he goes off and back on again.

Anyways unlikely we'll beat the storm unless they rest a few. Hope the score doesn't blow out as F/A is already fcked

Tiger05

First Grade
I think it's better if Robbie doesn't play the full game so I'm fine with him off the bench. What'll be interesting is post SOO how JT plays Robbie.

Robbie has been in my opinion one of our better players this year.

Hard to gauge off the Souths game since the Bunnies were so f**king terrible, but Halatau starting with Farah coming on worked well IMO. Farah had a bit of fire in the belly and was fresh against forwards with a few miles in their legs. Halatau out there to absorb some of the early punishment and follow a simple game plan of playing for field position then bring Farah on at 25-30 mins to add spark.

Just my opinion but I did think it worked well against Souffs, it will be interesting to see whether it has an impact against Melbourne.

Hard to gauge off the Souths game since the Bunnies were so f**king terrible, but Halatau starting with Farah coming on worked well IMO. Farah had a bit of fire in the belly and was fresh against forwards with a few miles in their legs. Halatau out there to absorb some of the early punishment and follow a simple game plan of playing for field position then bring Farah on at 25-30 mins to add spark.

Just my opinion but I did think it worked well against Souffs, it will be interesting to see whether it has an impact against Melbourne.

People forget Farah was not selected against the Rorters and look how good that turned out,Halatau service from dummy half was appalling in that game....:crazy:

Tiger05

First Grade
People forget Farah was not selected against the Rorters and look how good that turned out,Halatau service from dummy half was appalling in that game....:crazy:

It was a mistake in the Rorters game. I think Robbie should be rested around the SOO period because it may be too much for him. In stating that we are all complaining about how much he is getting paid. You could make him earn his salary.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was a mistake in the Rorters game. I think Robbie should be rested around the SOO period because it may be too much for him. In stating that we are all complaining about how much he is getting paid. You could make him earn his salary.
poppycock

FootynRacing

Juniors
Farah is an 80 minute hooker. He plays 80 mins in the toughest game in the world being State of Origin but can't play 80 mins at club level ???
It's nothing more than yet another power play by Taylor, an attempt to embarrass Farah and it is NOT BETTER for our team.
I for one hope and pray that Farah survives at this club long after Taylor is gone !!!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Farah was pretty solid tonight in a rather average team performance.

He can definitely play 80 mins every week.

Playing Halatau at hooker is nothing but a liability to us. Furthermore, Farah is a better defender than Halatau.

FootynRacing

Juniors
Farah was pretty solid tonight in a rather average team performance.

He can definitely play 80 mins every week.

Playing Halatau at hooker is nothing but a liability to us. Furthermore, Farah is a better defender than Halatau.

Absolutely agree. When the Blues got on top and looked dangerous in the first half it was when Farah was running the ball. I'd be surprised if he didn't get voted players player last night along with Frizell.

Tiger05

First Grade
Farah was really god last night. Woods was as well. I think he needs some rest over the SOO period however at the same time JT and his crazy treatment of Robbie has been crazy.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Robbie copped Woods' knee to the head towards the end of game & was in Disney land. Wouldnt be surprised if he's out for this one.

Whoa, not once did I suggest that Halatau was a better hooker, or even a good hooker.

I just felt it worked well having him out there for the first 30 absorbing the punishment and defending in the middle in order to allow Farah to get out there on fresh legs and run riot.

Like I said, it could just be because Souffs were f**king awful and it may not pay off against the likes of Melbourne, but I thought it worked well against Souffs and well worth another try.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If Farah is out we HAVE to bring cherrington up

Halatau/Taylor were a disature against the chooks. Terrible service and we removed what has been a phenomenal change to our attacking structure in ET at lock.