What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R16 vs Storm

If Farah is out we HAVE to bring cherrington up

Halatau/Taylor were a disature against the chooks. Terrible service and we removed what has been a phenomenal change to our attacking structure in ET at lock.

Agree 100%. JT fell into the Sheens trap of significantly weakening one position to fill in another.

Leave ET at lock, bring Cherrington up, couldn't give a f**k if he's going to Penrith or not.

If Farah is out
Vic, there'd be no if surely. JT will advise all that he is resting him because of the concussion, most likely announce that he will be monitored for next 2 weeks.

If Tigers win, JT will simply look like a genius and say 'I told you so'

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
JT will hire people to bump Farah's head while he's out buying groceries, just to be sure.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
JT is a caring coach. He knows Robbie is a poor, old, broken down hooker, so he will rest him every chance he gets.

Tigerm

First Grade
Robbie not playing this week

Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor has decided to rest Robbie Farah from Sunday's clash against Melbourne after the NSW hooker was a victim of friendly fire in the final minute of Wednesday night's State of Origin heartache.

Taylor and Tigers medical staff have decided to leave Farah out of the team for the match against the Storm after he was left stumbling back to his feet with what appeared to be his second concussion in as many months in the loss at Suncorp Stadium.

The NSW No.9, who was rested by Taylor the last time he was meant to back-up after Origin, copped a hit to the head from club teammate Aaron Woods.

Woods launched himself into the tackle and collected Farah with a stray elbow, denying his hooker of the chance of a rematch against Cameron Smith on Sunday.

Despite being rested by Taylor after Origin one, Farah was going to come off the bench on Sunday before picking up the concussion in the loss to the Maroons.

"Robbie was going to be playing as named but the club's medical staff have been in contact with NSW and we have made a decision that he won't be playing due to that knock from Woodsy," Taylor told Fairfax Media.

"Given he had a heavy head knock a few weeks ago and the closeness of Origin two to our game on Sunday, we just feel it's the right decision to let him recover.

"The club is very diligent in that area and Robbie is going through strict protocols this week to ensure he is going to be OK going forward."

It comes after Farah was hospitalised last month when his close friend, Josh Reynolds, accidentally contributed to a heavy concussion that saw the Tigers rake leave ANZ Stadium on a stretcher in the clash against Canterbury.

He returned two weeks later for Origin one but Taylor admitted fears for his welfare was part of the reason Farah was left out of the team against the Roosters after the Origin series opener, while also admitting he wanted to play a different style of football.

It created conjecture over the fractured relationship between Taylor and Farah, which only intensified when the coach refused to guarantee his dummy half would be an automatic inclusion the following week.

Despite the possibility of being overlooked, Farah was reinstated for the next match against South Sydney but was relegated to the bench, and when he returned to Origin camp for game two, he refused to talk to media about his situation at the Tigers.

Farah's concussion at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday night went largely unnoticed given the timing of the incident in the 80th minute as Queensland celebrated yet another series triumph.

"I'm not a doctor but I don't think it was a concussion in the true sense of the word," Taylor said.

"We could see he was stumbling after that hit from Woodsy, but I think because it happened just on full-time he didn't need to undergo a concussion test because the game was over.

"The club viewed the footage of it and our doctor and physio have spoken to him today. He was going to start off the bench for us against Melbourne but the four-day turnaround is too big of a risk for him."

The Blues vice captain finished the game with the most tackles of any player on the field (48), but it didn't shield him from criticism from NSW's most successful Origin coach, Phil Gould, who took aim at the Blues leadership group for their "selfish" ways.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...aron-woods-20160623-gpqi6y.html#ixzz4CQjav8iE
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

no no no Clifferd he does. He could /would play Teddy at 9, Woods at 7, Lovett at 3 and it would be fine as long as he is 'resting' Farah, he believes they can win.

T.T

Juniors
Late mail: both Halatau and Farah out.
Chee Kam and Cherrington to bench
E. Taylor to start at hooker

Vic Mackey

Referee
Late mail: both Halatau and Farah out.
Chee Kam and Cherrington to bench
E. Taylor to start at hooker

Would be ridiculous if true

Read somewhere else that dene and Robbie out with littlejohn and liddle coming in. Shit that NSW cup aren't playing tomorrow cause that would probably tell us who's in.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't believe Cherrington is considered a worse hooker than Halatau in JT's eyes.

No wonder the kid is pissed off

Tiger05

First Grade
Can't believe Cherrington is considered a worse hooker than Halatau in JT's eyes.

No wonder the kid is pissed off

I suppose at least he is getting picked which sounds to me like JT believes that you should play a forward at dummy half at the start of the game to make your defence stronger and then put on a fresh dummy half.

My opinion at this point is that it's a stupid idea.

T.T

Juniors
With a non-hooker for the first 20min we get slow play the balls, therefore less metres, and on the back foot for the rest of the match.

Tigerted

Juniors
We will get flogged !

The dumb prick Taylor will never learn. How this gump continues to b employed as an NRL coach beggars belief !

BrotherJim05

Bench
FFS I hope this is all a g up.

Farah could easily back up for Tigers but JT once again has to try his stupid power plays to get Farah out of the squad.

I'm so f**king over this.

Playing Elijah Taylor at hooker is so dumb it's in comprehensible.

It just goes to show you the mush our coach has going on in his peanut sized head.

Elijah is a great link man to our 6 and 7.

JT has a problem with Cherro, because he dared question why a 37 (approximately) year old back rower would get at start hooker before him.

That's gospel my friends.

Bring back Todd Payten and all this rubbish, power play, stupidity and imbecility ends.

Bubbles.

#taylorout

Therefore, JT has a problem with every bloody West Tigers supporter because we fools also question why that same back rower, is he really that old:oops: gets a start before him.

We fools don't care that he has a problem with us, but what a pathetic prick that he can hold a grudge like that, I assume therefore that this may be the root of his issues with Farah, question him once and you are gone.

Latest posts