What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R18 - Eels 22-18 Roosters @ Pirtek

Round 18: Eels v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Round 18
Parramatta Eels v Sydney Roosters
Pirtek Stadium, Parramatta (TICKETS)
Friday 8 July 2016
Gates 5:20pm / U20's 5:35pm / NRL 7:50pm
TV: Channel 9 & FOX Sports from 7:30pm

PAR-16teamlist.png

1. Michael Gordon 2. Semi Radradra 3. Clinton Gutherson 4. Brad Takairangi 5. Bevan French 6. Corey Norman 7. Jeff Robson 8. Danny Wicks 9. Isaac De Gois 10. Tim Mannah 11. Manu Ma'u 12. Tepai Moeroa 13. Beau Scott
Interchange: 14. Ken Edwards 15. Peni Terepo 16. David Gower 17. Daniel Alvaro 18. Rory O'Brien

Changes: Tim Mannah and Brad Takairangi return, while Jeff Robson makes his first NRL appearance for the club since returning to the club after four years. Cody Nelson is dropped with Kenny Edwards moving to the bench. Michael Jennings is away on Origin duty.

SYD-16teamlist.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Dale Copley 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Joseph Manu 6. Jackson Hastings 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Dylan Napa 11. Sio Siua Taukeiaho 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Sam Moa 15. Kane Evans 16. Connor Watson 17. Chris Smith 18. Ryan Matterson

Changes: With Guerra and Ferguson missing for Origin, Chris Smith, Joseph Manu and Ryan Matterson all get a call-up. Issac Liu will start.

REF-AQUA-2016-150.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Chris Sutton
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Feeder team matches
ISP NSW
Manly v Wentworthville @ Brookvale, Sat 3pm
Newtown v Wyong @ Henson Park, Sat 3pm​

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
Two sides out of the running but both playing pretty well. There are going to be a lot of nuisance teams in the run in to the finals it seems. Are Parra going to lose their points this week? If so, Roosters to win. If not, Parra to win.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
The funny thing is we are a stronger team for having our origin representatives out of the team. That said it doesn't convince me that we will win this match as a result.

Valheru

Coach
The funny thing is we are a stronger team for having our origin representatives out of the team. That said it doesn't convince me that we will win this match as a result.

lol tell me about it, Guerra hasn't tried for the roosters this year and Fergo's form hasn't been good enough to qualify for NSW cup let alone origin.

I am excited to see Manu go around again.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I heard that cordner may be a late inclusion. That would help the roosters heaps. Even if it was just off the bench.

ed-grimley

Bench
It surprises me that Parra wins any games considering was has happened to them this year - to me any win is a bonus.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I heard that cordner may be a late inclusion. That would help the roosters heaps. Even if it was just off the bench.

Cordner would be a massive boost.. It astounds me how some of the uneducated merkins here bag him.. He sucked in origin previously because he was used incorrectly, he is an 80 minute workhorse, not an impact player. Always one of our best at club level and will be awesome in origin playing 80 minutes and having better backrowers around him like Frizzell, Graham and Cartwright who all offer something different.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
lol tell me about it, Guerra hasn't tried for the roosters this year and Fergo's form hasn't been good enough to qualify for NSW cup let alone origin.

I am excited to see Manu go around again.

Manu is a massive talent.. I missed his game against the Warriors (was on a plane) but looking forward to him this Friday night. I hope Robbo puts the same faith in him that he did in Mitchell. He should be a starting Centre next season.

Valheru

Coach
Manu is a massive talent.. I missed his game against the Warriors (was on a plane) but looking forward to him this Friday night. I hope Robbo puts the same faith in him that he did in Mitchell. He should be a starting Centre next season.

Agreed

There was an epic meltdown by a large contingent of roosters fans when he wasn't picked against the dogs, however the bloke is just a rookie and a taste is all that is necessary this year.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Agreed

There was an epic meltdown by a large contingent of roosters fans when he wasn't picked against the dogs, however the bloke is just a rookie and a taste is all that is necessary this year.

Yep. That's how the better clubs bring through players. Give them a taste, let them show what they learnt in the lower grades. I can look back at the Bulldogs and see how guys like Barba, Thurston, Myles, etc all had that learning off the bench/lower grades before becoming regular starters.

Anyway, Go the Roosters! I'm taking them by 10, even if the Eels seem to play better at Pirtek.

McLovin

Staff member
Roosters to continue to play lackluster, disinterested football...

Roosters by 12

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Robson MOM
Nah man..I will be watching his game though to see what we missed out on but Im quietly confident he wont do anything spectacular, sorry to say Parra fans.

Looking forward to the wingers clash. Should be a good game tonight boys!!

Latest posts