What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R23 - Raiders 22-8 Storm @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Round 23: Raiders v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hutty1986

Immortal
Unbelievable defence from the raiders. One of theur best wins in years and Canberra Stadium looks to be getting its buzz back. Bloody impressive

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Defensive effort out of this world. To keep storm to one try with all the leg ups the got. Just wow. On Top of that we put 22 on the best defensive team in the comp.

I was hesitant before, but that efforts convinced me we can win it this year.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Heard on the radio that in away games v top 8 sides this yr melb score 70% of their points in the 1st half. Raiders to win. Its science.
fbd.jpg

_Johnsy

Referee
Best game raiders have played in years. Melbourne were completely off their game. Raiders defended brilliantly but Storm didn't throw a whole lot at them

Umm no Storm were outplayed in almost every facet of the game.

Completely off their game, bwahahaha. now your just showing your lack of knowledge of NRL.

GAZF

First Grade
I can't think of a more intense performance from use in the last decade, even tops the game against the Dragons in 2009. Was sceptical that we'd be able to match it with the top teams 2 weeks ago, not so much now.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Was sceptical that we'd be able to match it with the top teams 2 weeks ago, not so much now.

I had us as 0-2 coming into the last two weeks and was just hoping the Bulldogs and Cowboys dropped a few games. Hard to fathom that it's our defence that has won us the games against the top 2 sides.

Timbo

Staff member
Three weeks ago people said we hadn't played any contenders and we weren't really top 4 material.

We're now surely one of the premiership favourites. Giddy up.

The_Shield

Juniors
Umm no Storm were outplayed in almost every facet of the game.

Completely off their game, bwahahaha. now your just showing your lack of knowledge of NRL.

Canberra outplayed the Storm absolutely. Not denying that. And that's a big reason that Melbourne were off their game. But your an idiot if you seriously think that's the best Melbourne can play. Their last tackle options were terrible tonight. Very un-Melbourne like to be tackled on last tackle so many times.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Ricky in the press conference after being asked about Hodgos tackle,

"I dunno, it was nothing. Who cares about that, why arent we talking about the win. Anything else?"

Hahahaha he has a way with the media.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
As much as I despise Ricky Stuart he's been there before as a player and coach. It give the raiders every chance now if they prepare well and execute. He won't get the dream run with the refs like he did in 02 though.
Been good to watch the raiders force their way up the ladder.
Finals football is very different though we shall soon find out what they're really made of.

legend

Coach
Raiders line speed reminded me of the Roosters in 2002. The intensity was incredible and the Raiders goal line D was insane. Papa popped Cronk with a great shot. Still some silly errors that need to be eradicated like Wighton's 40/20 blunder and BJ popping too many risky passes. but overall, we are the form team atm.

When it comes to favouritism, I read into what the punters think and we are $6.50 now and bona fide contenders.

Hopefully there is 20k+ against Parra on Sunday.