What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R25 - Storm 16-26 Broncos @ AAMI Park

Round 25: Storm v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

user_nat

Coach
I do maintain however that the Premiership will not be won from outside the top 4.
Whilst I also doubt it will be done from outside the 4. It does feel like the top 4 is more fragile than it has been for a few years.
Last year I had no doubt the top 4 would all be in the prelims, this year I think any of sides 5-8 could be there, we don't even know who that team 8 will be yet.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Excellent performance from the Broncos.

I do maintain however that the Premiership will not be won from outside the top 4.

I agree but if it is going to happen this year could be the one. Any side that plays well for 4 weeks will win. I won't mind coming 5th or 6th heading into the finals.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Excellent performance from the Broncos.

Yeah nah.
Regardless of where the Broncos finish im confident they can win it now. They have easily account for top 4 sides in consecutive weeks.
The flog suggested he was hoping to play the Broncos in the finals.....I wonder if he still feels that way after watching that demolition job last night.

They beat the top side and copped a shitload of shit calls. What a quality side. The rope a dope premiership is now within reach. Had so many in here fooled did Benny. Panthers especially.
Snapped up the $2.85 with great joy easy money.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Whilst I also doubt it will be done from outside the 4. It does feel like the top 4 is more fragile than it has been for a few years.
Last year I had no doubt the top 4 would all be in the prelims, this year I think any of sides 5-8 could be there, we don't even know who that team 8 will be yet.
I do agree that the top 4 is somewhat fragile this year. I think the issue for the Broncos is that as team 5, should they win week one then they'll face a trip to the loser of the 1v4 match up in week 2 - very likely Cowboys in NQ or Melbourne down South. Which despite last night will be a completely different proposition.

Either one would be very tough. Should they get through that a more winnable Prelim awaits but even so, it's already sounding like a very hard path.

One thing is for sure, with the Broncos in 5th it sets the finals up to be a very open affair. And whilst I don't think they will, I do agree that of all the 5-8 teams in recent memory they're the most likely to pull it off. Certainly the most talented I can recall from the bottom half of the 8.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah nah.
Regardless of where the Broncos finish im confident they can win it now. They have easily account for top 4 sides in consecutive weeks.
The flog suggested he was hoping to play the Broncos in the finals.....I wonder if he still feels that way after watching that demolition job last night.

They beat the top side and copped a shitload of shit calls. What a quality side. The rope a dope premiership is now within reach. Had so many in here fooled did Benny. Panthers especially.
Snapped up the $2.85 with great joy easy money.

Last night was a meaningless affair for the Storm. But a crucial match for the Broncos.

Don't get ahead of yourself. You'll still have to win 3 tough sudden death matches on the road to win the comp.

Good luck because you'll need it.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Had no luck last night and still won.
Last night was meaningless hey?
So were the losses the Broncos were having when every merkin was writing them off.
They are exactly where they want to be and are still a top four chance if you were not aware.

Tommy Smith

Referee
You don't think last night was relatively meaningless for the Storm?

Ok ok you got me. No one can stop the unstoppable Broncos now.

They're clearly unbeatable as evidenced by their current 5th position. Give them the trophy now.

They'll whip the Cows in NQ as they always do in the finals should that match eventuate. And the Storm have no chance too...

THE CHAMP

First Grade
You don't think last night was relatively meaningless for the Storm?

Ok ok you got me. No one can stop the unstoppable Broncos now.

They're clearly unbeatable as evidenced by their current 5th position. Give them the trophy now.

They'll whip the Cows in NQ as they always do in the finals should that match eventuate. And the Storm have no chance too...

Anyway how are the chooks going bud?