What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R25 - Storm 16-26 Broncos @ AAMI Park

Round 25: Storm v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

user_nat

Coach
I do agree that the top 4 is somewhat fragile this year. I think the issue for the Broncos is that as team 5, should they win week one then they'll face a trip to the loser of the 1v4 match up in week 2 - very likely Cowboys in NQ or Melbourne down South. Which despite last night will be a completely different proposition.

Either one would be very tough. Should they get through that a more winnable Prelim awaits but even so, it's already sounding like a very hard path.
This is why I am hoping the Sharks end up first. I'd rather be in Sydney for weeks 2 and 3 than the other options.
Ideally all results go our way and we finish fourth though, makes the whole thing so much easier. Unlikely though.

Who got man of the match?
On Nine, Milford.

TheFrog

Coach
If last night's game was fair dinkum and not just a case of one News Ltd side helping the other to get a home final, then any side that makes the 8 can win it.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Haha classic the champ

Plz like the broncos bloo bloo bloo plz respect us blooo blooo

He is the most embarrassing fan on the forum.

TheFrog

Coach
You and I must have watched different games then. Refs practically handed the Broncos that win
It wasn't quite that severe but I do agree the Broncs got the better of it. They were offside an awful lot especially in the first half and their markers were quite hilarious at times. All ignored by the whistlemen. But having said that the Storm would not have beaten any of the top nine or ten sides. They didn't get much of a go in the first half and went through the motions in the second.

Someone needs to have a quiet word with Milford and tell him that his continual milking of penalties does nothing whatsoever for his stature as a player.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It was like the time the video ref forgot the rules in the panthers win against the raiders which i am sure you will agree was awful thefrog.

johnny plath

Juniors
Ok, genuine random question here if someone knows the answer. With the Jai Arrow try, there was not much fuss made about Roberts being in front of the kicker, apart from some mention of 'passive' offside. When you re-watch the try, the kick from Milford actually goes backwards. He's 2 or 3 metres inside the 20, and the ball almost lands on the 20. Not that its been suggested anywhere, but would this negate the offside because essentially all Milford has done is send a pass across field 40 metres, albeit off of his boot? I mean, Roberts does start to retire, but there is no advantage anywhere from Milfs shank.

Charlie124

First Grade
Did anyone else notice Milford's (or maybe Kahu's) conversion from fairly wide out? it was a stinker of a kick, landed about 5m in front of the sticks and bounced over the crossbar. I doubt theres ever been a situation where its come up but is there a rule in the book about conversions needing to go over on the full?

Maroon4life

Juniors
Was a great win.

Not surprised in the least to see the usual ass bleeders in here trying to downplay a broncos positive.

Storm were great but the broncos were better, the broncos in the last 2 rounds have provided neutrals with a 2 week early viewing into the finals, I for one can't wait.

Charlie124

First Grade
Was a great win.

Not surprised in the least to see the usual ass bleeders in here trying to downplay a broncos positive.

Storm were great but the broncos were better, the broncos in the last 2 rounds have provided neutrals with a 2 week early viewing into the finals, I for one can't wait.

Im sorry, what?

All credit to the Broncos, they played well but that would have to be the worst I've seen the Storm play in more than two years. They were horrible and clearly had a night to forget.

Maroon4life

Juniors
I can assure you it's not just Cowboy's fans who hate your club's guts. The Bonkos are rotten to the core.

that's what makes winnning so f**king sweet :)

giphy.gif

OVP

Coach
that's what makes winnning so f**king sweet :)

giphy.gif

Yeah but you guys seem to take offence when people hate your club. I can see quite clearly you're new at this tribalism thing. As a Roosters fan, I embrace the hate and actively encourage it. You guys should try it that way, it making winning much better. Taking offence takes the joy away :)

Maroon4life

Juniors
Yeah but you guys seem to take offence when people hate your club. I can see quite clearly you're new at this tribalism thing. As a Roosters fan, I embrace the hate and actively encourage it. You guys should try it that way, it making winning much better. Taking offence takes the joy away :)

Just weird that you can't pay dues when clearly earnt. Broncos clearly deserve them last night but others are such simpletons that they wont acknowledge good football based on the colour of a jersey.

Very small minded.

Latest posts