What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R25 - Titans 14-15 Panthers @ Cbus Super Stadium

Round 25: Titans v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Round 25
Gold Coast Titans v Penrith Panthers
Cbus Super Stadium, Robina (TICKETS)
Saturday 27 August 2016

Gates Open 3pm / U20s NYC 3:15pm / NRL 5:30pm

GLD-16teamlist.png

1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Anthony Don 3. Josh Hoffman 4. Konrad Hurrell 5. Nene Macdonald 6. Tyrone Roberts 7. Ashley Taylor 8. Luke Douglas 9. Nathan Peats 10. Ryan James 11. Zeb Taia 12. Chris McQueen 13. Greg Bird
Interchange: 14. David Shillington 15. Ryan Simpkins 16. Agnatius Paasi 17. Nathan Friend 18. David Mead 19. Leivaha Pulu

PEN-16teamlist.png

1. Matt Moylan 2. Josh Mansour 3. Waqa Blake 4. Tyrone Peachey 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 6. Bryce Cartwright 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Leilani Latu 9. Peter Wallace 10. Suaia Matagi 11. Isaah Yeo 12. James Fisher-Harris 13. Trent Merrin
Interchange: 14. Sitaleki Akauola 15. Regan Campbell-Gillard 16. Chris Grevsmuhl 17. Zak Hardaker 20. Moses Leota 21. Jeremy Latimore

REF-RED-2016-150.jpg

Referees: Grant Atkins, Chris Sutton
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea, Jared Maxwell

ISC QLD
Redcliffe v Tweed Heads @ Dolphin Oval, Sat 7pm
Burleigh v Souths Logan @ Pizzey Park, Sun 2pm

ISP NSW
Warriors v Penrith @ Mt Smart Stadium, Sun 9:45am AEST

Head to Head
Overall 14 - Titans 6 Panthers 8
At Cbus Super 6 - Titans 3 Panthers 3
Last 5 - Titans 2, Panthers 3

Last meeting
2016 Round 11 - Titans 28 Panthers 24 @ Pepper Stadium

Biggest wins
2015 - Titans 32 Panthers 6 @ Cbus Super Stadium (26 points)
2015 - Panthers 40 Titans 0 @ Carrington Park, Bathurst (40 points)​

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFrog

Coach
If the Tits remain firm here, the NRL top 8 is determined with a round to spare. But they are up against a form side, who have been regularly putting 40 on oppositions in recent weeks. Nathan Cleary's bombs have been creating plenty of fear and trepidation in opposition back 3's.

A biased view is that the Panthers will get this done, but the Tits are a perky proposition with or without Jizz, who was seeing orbs the other day apparently after bumping his melon. If they lose here they'll need to win in Townsville, so desperation is the order of the day. The Tits are firm in the betting too, but I'll tip the Panthers, who can still crack it for a Sydney final (which may be as useful as tits on a bull), here.

Last edited:
Tits did enough against the Knights without being overly impressive. Hopefully due for an off game? Either way I reckon we have enough strike to match them. Us by 7

Vic Mackey

Referee
NRL to ensure the Titans get a finals birth. They'll win on the back of 11-3 penalty count. Hayne to spit on a touch judge and receive a penalty for it.

TheFrog

Coach
NRL to ensure the Titans get a finals birth. They'll win on the back of 11-3 penalty count. Hayne to spit on a touch judge and receive a penalty for it.
This would be killing two birds with one stone. Not only making the Titans more saleable, but ensuring the Broncos get a final in Brisbane, drawing 50,000 (as against half that if you're very lucky in Sydney). There is every incentive to rig this match, lets hope they resist the temptation.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
game of the round, would love to see the tits nail down the top 8 spot so we can still have 3 qld sides in the 8 if they lose to us in the final round

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah game of the round for mine too, looking forward to it. Hopefully both teams are up for it.

I’m tipping Titans but only because they’re at home.

GongPanther

Referee
Going on form,and how they are actually playing,the Panthers you would think in a comfortable win.

This will be the Panthers toughest test in about a month when the Warriors did us in extra time.

Hopefully Panthers by as many as they put on like last week.

If it doesn't click in the 1st half,could be a long afternoon.

footy75

Bench
HUGE game.

Panthers are the better team but Titans playing for their lives because they aren't beating Cowboys in Townsville if they need a win for top 4.

Tough to pick. Titans by 4

Clifferd

Coach
Panthers are more talented and ruthless, but Titans are more tough and gritty

I'll go Penrith in a close one with too much firepower

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
when it comes to defending like their lives depend on it i'll back the titans, when it comes to pulling a 90m try out of their ass and scoring 2 more in the next 5 minutes i'll back penrith. Going to be entertaining

Whino

Bench
Expecting a tight game. Our biggest test in a month. I think we can sneak home by 1.

TheFrog

Coach
There must be money being placed on Penrith for this because it's getting tighter and tighter. Panthers down to $2.00 now from at least $2.50 earlier. Maybe we'll end up starting favourites.