What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R26 - Broncos 24-14 Roosters @ Suncorp Stadium

Round 26: Broncos v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Round 26
Brisbane Broncos v Sydney Roosters
Suncorp Stadium, Milton (TICKETS)
Thursday 1 September 2016

Gates Open 5pm / U20s NYC 5:10pm / NRL 7:50pm

BRI-16teamlist2.png

1. Darius Boyd 2. Corey Oates 3. Tom Opacic 4. James Roberts 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Anthony Milford 7. Ben Hunt 8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Adam Blair 11. Sam Thaiday 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Jarrod Wallace 15. Tevita Pangai Junior 16. Jai Arrow 17. Alex Glenn

SYD-16teamlist.png

1. Blake Ferguson 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Dale Copley 18. Joseph Manu 5. Latrell Mitchell 6. Connor Watson 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Dylan Napa 11. Ryan Matterson 12. Aidan Guerra 14. Sam Moa
Interchange: 13. Isaac Liu 15. Kane Evans 16. Mitchell Frei 17. Nat Butcher

REF-AQUA-BH-2016-SQU-150.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner, Belinda Sleeman
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Steve Chiddy, Luke Patten

ISC QLD Finals W1
Redcliffe qualified and play Week 2 v Burleigh
All other Broncos feeders finished outside the top six.

ISP NSW Finals W1
Wyong v Canterbury @ Pepper Stadium, Sat 3pm

Head to Head
Overall 43 - Broncos 26 Roosters 17
At Suncorp 9 - Broncos 5 Roosters 4
Last 5 - Roosters 3 Broncos 2

Last Meeting
2016 Round 21 - Roosters 32 Broncos 16 at Allianz Stadium

Biggest winning margins
1989 - Broncos 36 Roosters 2 at Allianz Stadium (34 points)
2000 - Roosters 28 Broncos 0 at Allianz Stadium (28 points)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Valheru

Coach
I can't see anything other than a 30 point win in favour of the Broncos here. The roosters turned their form around in the last 3rd of the season but have well and truly checked out for the year now.

We will be interested for the first 20 minutes but that will be it.

Maroon4life

Juniors
No injuries and not recovering from origin & Cozza's last home game, Broncos 12+ and as much as you want from there.

Maroon4life

Juniors
After the round 21 win the roosters had & all the big talk we saw in the game thread, i'm expecting a bit more of this from those heroes.

giphy.gif

TheFrog

Coach
The Roosters have been the nuisance side of the comp over the last few rounds, but now they cannot finish ahead of 50uff$ they have nothing to play for. If they could somehow find it within themselves to make an effort they could make the Broncos finish as low as 7th and have to play a final in Sydney but even last game they appeared to be on Kuta Beach already.

And I suppose also the last thing the NRL needs, having surrendered control of the emerald city to the AFL, is another final in Sydney first week. This alone should make the Broncos safe.

Maroon4life

Juniors
The Roosters have been the nuisance side of the comp over the last few rounds, but now they cannot finish ahead of 50uff$ they have nothing to play for. If they could somehow find it within themselves to make an effort they could make the Broncos finish as low as 7th and have to play a final in Sydney but even last game they appeared to be on Kuta Beach already.

And I suppose also the last thing the NRL needs, having surrendered control of the emerald city to the AFL, is another final in Sydney first week. This alone should make the Broncos safe.

tldr - if results go well, the panthers could finnish 5th.

why do peopl,e follow the panthers when parramatta is clearly a better choice? got me fk'd

After the round 21 win the roosters had & all the big talk we saw in the game thread, i'm expecting a bit more of this from those heroes.

giphy.gif
I'll be at this game and we're going to destroy you merkins like we did last time.

Darry B and Milf are going to to get f**king destroyed by Jared the Great.

blaza88z

Coach

You're not bitter about our late season revival at all..

Last edited:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Once the chickens returned to full strength they were always going to cause some troubles.
Tko missing is a huge bonus for the broncs.
They should win but once they feel safe I can see the milf being given an early night.
Broncos by 14. Then with a little luck 4th