What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R26 - Dragons 28-26 Knights @ UOW Jubilee Oval

Round 26: Dragons v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grapple

Bench
It was fantastic. The fact that it was available made the refs back themselves. Guaranteed we see the bunker 4 times that game if they could

I don't think you can draw that conclusion. The simple fact is the tries in the game were pretty straightforward and not controversial, which was always going to happen with these two teams.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We can only laugh at your hate for the Dragons.

i only hate the dragons when they're good. doesnt seem like ill be hating them anytime soon.

truth is i dont mind them as a club and i wanted to see benji go out a winner today. admit i feel for their fans atm, as a tigers fan ive been where they are plenty of times.

anyways it was obviously a joke mate, plenty have been made in the is thread.

Grapple

Bench
Half the tries scored in the nrl are straight forward and still referred.

I guess it comes down to whether or not "straightforward" is objective enough, hence why the bunker has been so influential in the past... I would argue that in todays game the results were conclusive enough not to involve any challenge, with the exception of the last play.

At the end of the day, in my opinion I think it's better to raise the standard of officiating combined with players not being so self-righteous and rely on human error, than to over analyse and as such allow the game to become robotic and remove any joy from the game.

Apey

Staff member
Mullen is so slow and weak lol

He's f**ked physically. Used to be one our fastest players.

All Newcastle needed to do was set themselves up and not spill the ball and their best player spills it.

Sums up our team pretty well.. although calling Gagai our best player is certainly a stretch.

Missed the game and watching scores on nrl. Com.... What was the penalty for and what time of the game?

It was 79:51 after he kicked it. He went for a quick ptb, put it down on Jeremy Smith's boot and dropped it.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah i remember mullen having some toe. Thought he would have out run dugan. It was actually quite telling how physically wrecked he was. Dugan didnt even have to properly hold him down to continue the tackle just half lean on him when he was getting up. A stronger bloke would have probably got a fast enough ptb away for a try.

That said dugan would have probably risked blatantly holding a stronger guy down

Noname36

First Grade
It's such a shame to see Jeremy Smith go down hill at Newcastle. Had plenty of good memories watching him play in Melbourne back in the day.

He's really only started to go downhill a bit in the past year (but still had some great games in there) - but he's nearly 37 so I think I'll let it slide.

chigurh

Didn't know Ben Creagh was retiring. Solid player, best remembered for shitting his pants when Justin Hodges was gonna belt him.

thommo4pm

Coach
Didn't know Ben Creagh was retiring. Solid player, best remembered for shitting his pants when Justin Hodges was gonna belt him.
By the people who matter, Creagh will be remembered for the terrific player that he was and the absolute champion person he is off the field.