What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R26 - Panthers 36-6 Sea Eagles @ Pepper Stadium

Round 26: Panthers v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Round 26
Penrith Panthers v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Pepper Stadium, Penrith (TICKETS)
Sunday 4 September 2016

Gates Open 4pm / U20s NYC 4:15pm / NRL 6:30pm

PEN-16teamlist.png

1. Matt Moylan 2. Josh Mansour 3. Waqa Blake 4. Tyrone Peachey 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 6. Bryce Cartwright 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Leilani Latu 9. Peter Wallace 10. Suaia Matagi 11. Isaah Yeo 12. James Fisher-Harris 13. Trent Merrin
Interchange: 14. Sitaleki Akauola 15. Jeremy Latimore 16. Chris Grevsmuhl 17. Zak Hardaker 20. Moses Leota

MAN-16teamlist.png

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Dylan Walker 4. Matthew Wright 5. Brayden Wiliame 6. Apisai Koroisau 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-blake 9. Matt Parcell 10. Nate Myles 11. Martin Taupau 12. Jamie Buhrer 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Blake Leary 15. Josh Starling 16. Lewis Brown 17. Siosaia Vave

REF-LIME-BH-2016-SQU-150.jpg

Referees: Grant Atkins, Chris Sutton
Sideline Officials: Rohan Best, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Bryan Norrie, Jason Robinson

ISP NSW Finals W1
Warriors v Penrith @ Mt Smart, Sun 11:45am AEST
Manly did not qualify

Head to Head
Overall 88 - Panthers 32 Sea Eagles 55 Drawn 1
At Pepper 41 - Panthers 18 Sea Eagles 22 Drawn 1
Last 5 - Panthers 4 Sea Eagles 1

Last Meeting
2016 Round 14 - Panthers 31 Sea Eagles 24 at Brookvale Oval

Biggest winning margins
1973 - Sea Eagles 70 Panthers 7 at Pepper Stadium (63 points)
2004 - Panthers 72 Sea Eagles 12 at Pepper Stadium (60 points)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Surely the Panthers will rest some players here?

Thinking we can spring an upset in the last game for the year if the Pennies sit a few stars out.

Surely the Panthers will rest some players here?

Thinking we can spring an upset in the last game for the year if the Pennies sit a few stars out.

It would be a possibility that some players may be rested, given that it won't make a difference whether we finish 7th or 6th. 5th is still a distant possibility though.

Panthers may wait until the results of the Brooncos and Bulldogs games before making a decision. Personally I hope they won't rest too many as a good hit out before the finals may do the younger players some good. Not that I'm expecting the game against your guys to be a push over.

I don't want anyone rested seeing we have form and good continuity. Sea Eagles a chance of an upset if we get complacent but in front of a home crowd we usually lift especially in recent times in end of season matches. Manly's defence is abysmal, Penrith by 14

Last edited:

Pennies

Juniors
The danger with resting players before a finals match is you take your opposition lightly or worse you team loses the match and any momentum that had.
Penrith are on a streak at the moment, they need to keep it going. I would only rest players when the match is in the bag with 10 to go.
Panthers by 12.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
The danger with resting players before a finals match is you take your opposition lightly or worse you team loses the match and any momentum that had.
Penrith are on a streak at the moment, they need to keep it going. I would only rest players when the match is in the bag with 10 to go.
Panthers by 12.

Disagree. Penrith would be wise to rest say.......8 or 9 players ;-)

TheFrog

Coach
Disagree. Penrith would be wise to rest say.......8 or 9 players ;-)
Whereas Manly, out of the running for weeks, continues to field crocked players Turbo and Taufua.

With its reserve grade playing a final in Auckland, I'd be flabbergasted if any panthers get a rest this week. It's a perfect opportunity to tune the side for the finals in a dead rubber match. That's how I expect the coach to look at it.

joshando

Juniors
Depending on which side turns up (you never know with the Panthers), I can see a good game on.
Panthers by 10.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Whereas Manly, out of the running for weeks, continues to field crocked players Turbo and Taufua.

With its reserve grade playing a final in Auckland, I'd be flabbergasted if any panthers get a rest this week. It's a perfect opportunity to tune the side for the finals in a dead rubber match. That's how I expect the coach to look at it.

Tom has said he wants to play on the rest of the season. Has had medical advice that he can do no further damage to the injury. So yeah, thanks for the concern.

I would dare say Taufua may be playing on dur to 2nd tier cap issues. Seen the number of injuries we have had this year?

TheFrog

Coach
Seen the number of injuries we have had this year?
Similar to us last year and similar outcome too. At least you're not playing the last game to avoid the spoon.

Funnily enough Brown and Koroisau (and Barrett as assistant coach) were survivors of last year's carnage as well.

And the question on nobody's lips- will this be the final appearance of the green blob?

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
The Green Blob on the front of the Manly jersey that's had them in court trying to get paid for it. That green blob.

Oh..lol...I was wondering WTF. :)

IMO,Hook won't have any players to replace those who he would want to replace.

If it gets a bit testy out there,maybe Hook could bench a few key players for the final 20 mins as Pennies mentioned without missing out on any team cohesion.

But completely resting players,unless they really are in need of one due to nagging injuries,is something I think would be counter productive.