What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R26 - Wests Tigers 10-52 Raiders @ Leichhardt Oval

Round 26: Wests Tigers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Round 26
Wests Tigers v Canberra Raiders
Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield (TICKETS)
Sunday 4 September 2016

Gates Open 11:30am / U20s NYC 11:45am / NRL 2pm

WST-16teamlist.png

1. David Nofoaluma 2. Jordan Rankin 3. Tim Simona 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Mitchell Moses 7. Luke Brooks 8. Aaron Woods 9. Dene Halatau 10. Sauaso Sue 11. Josh Aloiai 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Kyle Lovett 15. Ava Seumanufagai 16. Tim Grant 17. Joel Edwards 18. Michael Chee-Kam

CAN-16teamlist2.png

1. Jack Wighton 2. Edrick Lee 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Sam Williams 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Paul Vaughan 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Josh Papalii 12. Elliot Whitehead 13. Iosia Soliola
Interchange: 14. Kurt Baptiste 15. Luke Bateman 16. Clay Priest 17. Joseph Tapine

REF-RED-BH-2016-SQU-150.jpg

Referees: Jared Maxwell, Chris James
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Tim Roby
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten, Jason Robinson

ISP NSW Finals W1
Illawarra v Wests Tigers @ UOW Jubilee Oval, Sat 12:40pm
Mounties v Newtown @ Pepper Stadium, Sat 1pm

Head to Head
Overall 31 - Wests Tigers 18 Raiders 13
At Leichhardt 4 - Wests Tigers 2 Raiders 2
Last 5 - Raiders 3 Wests Tigers 2

Last Meeting
2016 Round 8 - Raiders 60 Wests Tigers 6 at GIO Stadium

Biggest winning margins
2012 - Wests Tigers 40 Raiders 0 at GIO Stadium (40 points)
2016 - Raiders 60 Wests Tigers 6 at GIO Stadium (54 points)​

Last edited by a moderator:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
It has to be better than the trip to Canberra in April. I had a few good laughs that day to avoid weeping in front of small kids, and this is not a criticism of Canberra that day - they were simply competent, and the tigers were absolutely diabolical.

will wicky west some players? if he does waiders still have wapana and leilua but still will the tigers game to lose then

Clifferd

Coach
For these young tiger cubs it will be their biggest game of their NRL career so far

Packed out ground playing for a finals spot. If we win this I couldn't give a stuff if we get belted week 1 of the finals, a finals berth on its own is a great achievement for this young team

Tigers by 10 with Leicharddt factor bringing the lads home

Clifferd

Coach
Also discounting our abomination of a performance last time against these guys, we generally play really well against the Raiders

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think this game is virtually impossible to tip considering we won't know how the teams will line up or their frame of mind until 9.30pm Saturday. So I'll throw up the scenarios:

Cows win/ storm win: this is the scenario that will probably be the best as it means both teams have everything to play for. If that's the case I think the raiders probably get home in a tight one

Cows win/ sharks win: tigers win they're in the 8. Raiders nothing to play for. Sticky likely rests a heap of key players. Whilst the other guys will still put in I think they'll have one eye on the finals and Wests get the win

Titans win/ storm win: tigers nothing to play for, raiders everything to. Tigers probably come out and throw it around which could result in anything but ultimately you'd think the raiders are too strong

Titans win/ sharks win: neither team cares, knowing the Tigers they win by 50.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Really hoping theres something to play for in this one. Tigers generally love playing Canberra anywhere (last game a big exception obviously) and their attack could really do some damage against a Raiders defence that was porous as f**k last week. Very dangerous game for the raiders if tiges are playing for a finals spot at a ground where theyre generally a 10-12 point better side

GongPanther

Referee
How many times have we seen this scenario?

Tigers,at their spiritual home in front of a packed house.

And with WT @ $2.25...I'll be putting my garage on that.

nick87

Coach
If the storm do the business saturday night, im expecting this raiders to come out on sunday and handle their business and cruise to an easy-ish win

If the Sharks get up and we're locked into 3rd place, i expect we'll be resting a few key players and the message for the others playing will be stay clean and stay healthy, and the tigers will win fairly easily.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Also discounting our abomination of a performance last time against these guys, we generally play really well against the Raiders

The raiders are only 1 of 3 teams we have a higher winning then losing percentage against. If you included the games we were robbed (I.e leichhardt last year, campbo 06, Canberra 04) it would be much higher.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We are a bad match up for the tigers in theory. We are by a long way the best attacking team in the comp so its not easy to beat us in a shoot out and we have huge ball runners that will pound the tigers edge where they have problems.

The tigers do have a good record against us but a lot of that is benjis ludicrous record against the raiders.

Its the best attack versus the third worst defence. The most prolific try scorers versus the side that has conceded the most besides newcastle.

Obviously if the tigers defend like they did against north queensland at a packed leichardt they will be very hard to beat but our attack has gotten better since we put 60 on them if anything.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I watched the game from round 8 again. The tigers got a lot of mileage out of attacking Sam Williams and our attack was so sluggish compared to what it is now.

Latest posts