What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 TV Ratings

BlueandGold

Juniors
TV Ratings thread for 2016

http://www.thinktv.com.au/content_common/pg-ratings-reports.seo
https://twitter.com/MediaweekAUS

Thu TV #NRL *Updated* total #NRLEelsBroncos 1,089,000 (Nine/GEM 674k Regional 205k FoxSports 210k) Good

FriTV #NRLManlyBulldogs 895k (Nine/GEM 480k: Syd 330k Bri 119k Mel 17k Ade 4k Per 9k) Regional 276k #FoxSports 139k game being over at half time hurt these ratings

Sat STV #NRL #FoxSports #NRLRaidersPanthers 211k :)
Sat STV #NRL #FoxSports #NRLTigersWarriors 257k :) NZ Sky to come.
Sat STV #NRL #FoxSports #NRLCowboysSharks 359k :D massive

Round 1 359k already surpassed last years best on Pay Tv.

Does anybody have a site i can get NZ Sky tv ratings?

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
This is why the NRL should have strung News along and not jumped at the rights deal. They have drastically underpaid us for a product that drives their Foxtel subscriptions more than anything else.

Impressive ratings for round 1.

This is why the NRL should have strung News along and not jumped at the rights deal. They have drastically underpaid us for a product that drives their Foxtel subscriptions more than anything else.

What ever the truth with Dave Smiths leaving as everyday goes past it looks as though we have missed out on millions, due in my opinion to John Grant not having the bottle to stand up to Uncle Rupert

applesauce

Bench
What ever the truth with Dave Smiths leaving as everyday goes past it looks as though we have missed out on millions, due in my opinion to John Grant not having the bottle to stand up to Uncle Rupert

Bingo. News would of been back at the table at 9:01pm last night after the Cowboys v Sharks game if Grant had a spine.

El Diablo

Post Whore

there was no need for Smith to rush in and do a deal with 9 so early

they got rid of the first and last rights 9 and Fox had and didn't utilize them

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Grant unfortunately listens too much to the media.

Most things smith did were spot on.......he is a huge loss.....once again we are News Ltds whipping boys.

Billythekid

First Grade
Thursday and Friday weren't that good on FTA. Fox seems to be doing great though. Saturday was fantastic. Already beat last years best and the Saturday Arvo game did fantastic. If the panthers and raiders can rate that well at that time you can bet its sure to stay. It's a massive improvement over the previously delayed late Saturday game.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Those Sat 7.30 fox ratings are off the hook

But we need the simulcast fox games to improve a bit

I have seen afl simulcast matches still getting 300k on fox

Guess it will take some time

El Diablo

Post Whore
going off the figures for other STV games i would think a lot of people don't know some games are simulcast

it's not like it has been well advertised by Foxtel

a couple of years ago there were heaps of ads on FTA for their 5 live games but i haven't seen one on FTA saying they now do all 8

Those Sat 7.30 fox ratings are off the hook

But we need the simulcast fox games to improve a bit

I have seen afl simulcast matches still getting 300k on fox

Guess it will take some time

The fact that the AFL free to air commentary team is full of racists, homophobes and woman beaters probably helps pay TV ratings

LeagueXIII

First Grade
neither Smith or Grant are good

Smith was very good, unfortunately the anti smith media campaign clouds a lot of people's judgement. Why were news so keen to get rid of him........because they care about rugby league....I don't think so.

Now they are calling for a footy head to be in charge.....never whinged about gallop did they.........

Nerd

Bench
Smith was very good, unfortunately the anti smith media campaign clouds a lot of people's judgement. Why were news so keen to get rid of him........because they care about rugby league....I don't think so.

Now they are calling for a footy head to be in charge.....never whinged about gallop did they.........

Spot on!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Such a joy to watch all my NRL on Fox. Reckon they will pick up a heap of new subscribers now, and yes they underpaid again for the increased business. The fact News ltd hated Smith and wanted him gone is enough reason to think he was good for the game!