What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Wk 1 Qual Final - Raiders 14-16 Sharks @ GIO Stadium

Finals Wk 1: Raiders v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Finals Wk 1
Canberra Raiders v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce (TICKETS)
Saturday 10 September 2016

Gates Open 2:45pm / U20s (SYD v CAN) 2:55pm / NRL 5:35pm

CAN-16teamlist2.png

1. Jack Wighton 2. Edrick Lee 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Sam Williams 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Junior Paulo 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Josh Papalii 12. Elliot Whitehead 13. Iosia Soliola
Interchange: 14. Kurt Baptiste 15. Luke Bateman 16. Clay Priest 17. Joseph Tapine 18. Paul Vaughan

CRO-16teamlist.png

1. Ben Barba 2. Sosaia Feki 3. Jack Bird 4. Ricky Leutele 5. Valentine Holmes 6. James Maloney 7. Chad Townsend 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Michael Ennis 10. Matt Prior 11. Luke Lewis 12. Wade Graham 13. Paul Gallen
Interchange: 14. Gerard Beale 15. Chris Heighington 16. Jesse Sene-Lefao 17. Jayson Bukuya 18. Kurt Capewell

REF-RED-2016-150.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Ricky MacFarlane, Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea, Jason Robinson

ISP NSW Finals Wk 2
Newtown v Warriors @ Pepper Stadium, Sun 6:35pm
Mounties have the week off.

Head to Head
Overall 69 - Raiders 32 Sharks 37
At GIO 25 - Raiders 14 Sharks 11
Last 5 - Raiders 3 Sharks 2
Finals 5 - Raiders 2 Sharks 3

Last Meeting
2016 Round 22 - Raiders 30 Sharks 14 @ Southern Cross Group Stadium

Biggest winning margins
1994 - Raiders 56 Sharks 12 at GIO Stadium (44 points)
1982 - Sharks 44 Raiders 5 at Seiffert Oval (39 points)​

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFrog

Coach
Raiders were apparently white hot this week but conceded 6 tries against an also ran side last week. The Sharks are still a bit off though, and will need to find form quick smart if they want to be in this.

Vic Mackey

Referee
raiders the form team in the comp, the sharks will put up a lot more resistance then the nsw cup team they played yesterday. Think they are too hot and unless the occasion gets to them should win and win well. Raiders by 16.

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah there's really no reason why Raiders can't put in a clinical performance here.

Expecting them to win 26-10

Valheru

Coach
I don't think either team is equipped to win the premiership this year. We all know the sharks are on life support, the only wins they have had since July are against the roosters.

I don't think the Raiders are ready for a real finals footy test when their potent attack is repelled and their defence has to stand tall under pressure. Luckily for them, the sharks are in no position to pose said test to the raiders.

Neither side has any chance against Storm/Cowboys away in week 3 and little chance against Storm/Cowboys/Broncos at home in week 3. In the case of the sharks, I am not even sure they will bounce back in week 2.

Raiders by 12.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
i dont even care tbh

whatever, good work NRL you have basically destroyed my excitement. if we win good but its going to be hard without wighton.

The_Shield

Juniors
So who is the raiders back up fullback? Would they put Rapana back there? Surely they wouldn't mess with that right side but who else do they have?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
So who is the raiders back up fullback? Would they put Rapana back there? Surely they wouldn't mess with that right side but who else do they have?

Ricky will most likely call up Zac Santo from the Mounties. Stuart doesn’t seem to like moving players from the positions they’ve played all year, like the other week when he still kept Baptiste on the bench when Hodgson was out. Santo did a safe job against Brisbane and I’m sure he will again, but we’re going to miss that extra play making option that Wighton provides.

mongoose

Coach
I hope Ricky moves Rapana to fullback and brings Brenko in on the wing. Santo did fine when he played first grade earlier in the season but this is too big a game to call on someone so inexperienced.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If we end up getting eliminated then im going full nrl nihilist. Growing a goatee and just wearing black turtlenecks while i ponder the meaningless nature of rugby league.

I would have bandwagoned the sharks or panthers but i will support the team that will cause the most suffering. So i will join my good friends ibm, the champ and blaza (who are very sensible posters. Ive always said so) on the broncos wagon

This is what you have done to me MRC. I am a changed man.

some11

Referee
In that case, I'm giving the Raiders all my loving, all my hugs and kisses too.